Author Topic: Radnorshire Parish Records Online - Advice  (Read 7231 times)

Offline david64

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Snow in Llansilin, 7 Jan 2010
    • View Profile
Radnorshire Parish Records Online - Advice
« on: Sunday 22 July 12 17:52 BST (UK) »
FindMyPast released "the complete Welsh parish" registers a few weeks back. See here for info:

http://goo.gl/WZpWx

However, I've found that many records listed as being in the collection are not there or are at least not indexed.

I have been waiting for this for some time, hoping that it will have a few marriages for my predominately SW Montgomeryshire ancestors, but searches in Radnorshire bring very few results, particularly pre-1812.

Could someone with experience in Radnorshire records tell me two things:

a) What are the Radnorshire parishes the abut southern Montgomeryshire?
b) What is the survival rate of Radnorshire registers back into the 17th and &18th Centuries?

Offline Hercule Poirot

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Radnorshire Parish Records Online - Advice
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 July 12 18:38 BST (UK) »
Hi David, how's your Arakiel web, long time no contact

If records are not related to the Church in Wales (eg non conformist, chapel etc), then will not appear in the parish records on Findmypast (the parish records they boast as Welsh parishes are only Church in Wales)

Offline david64

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Snow in Llansilin, 7 Jan 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 July 12 12:15 BST (UK) »
Have we been in contact off this site? I can't see any posts we have both commented on. The site brings in a few queries from cousins near and far. Most of them like to disappear once I've sent them something, but not much you can do about that.

Re. FindMyPast records I'm not looking for non-conformist records. My comment is that FindMyPast have published dates of their Radnorshire PR coverage, but it doesn't seems like they much of that has been indexed. I was looking to get the take of someone who is familiar with Radnorshire records.

Offline William123

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 September 14 03:01 BST (UK) »
Have we been in contact off this site? I can't see any posts we have both commented on. The site brings in a few queries from cousins near and far. Most of them like to disappear once I've sent them something, but not much you can do about that.

Re. FindMyPast records I'm not looking for non-conformist records. My comment is that FindMyPast have published dates of their Radnorshire PR coverage, but it doesn't seems like they much of that has been indexed. I was looking to get the take of someone who is familiar with Radnorshire records.

HI;

It has been 2 years since your post, but from my experience with Radnorshire  (pre-1813) records there are at least 4 parishes (Llananno, Llanbister, Llanbadarn-Fynydd, and Old Radnor) whose pre-1813 records are not present in Find My Past (F-M-P). I have queries to F-M-P and Powys office to determine if or when these might be indexed.

William