Author Topic: Cyril Patrick William Francis Radclyffe Dugmore  (Read 5937 times)

Offline K8T

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cyril Patrick William Francis Radclyffe Dugmore
« on: Sunday 22 July 12 19:10 BST (UK) »
Cyril Dugmore was an athlete born in Ireland and was affiliated with the Birchfield Harriers in the early 1900s winning events from 1906-1912.  Does anyone have access to sports publication archives, newspapers of Birchfield Harrier archives who could find any reports or a photograph of Cyril which would be great?

Offline The Mc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile

Offline K8T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Cyril Patrick William Francis Radclyffe Dugmore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 July 12 19:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks The Mc.  I've got these from the web.  I'm looking for more detailed accounts from sports publications or news reports of events he took part in and in particular a photo if poss.
Information seems to be a little sketchy with widipedia etc.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 July 12 20:17 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Found a photograph - International Tug of War - American and British Officers riding bareback, had a spirited tussle , the American Four winning out. The photograph shows Capt Dugmore falling from his mount (not very good quality though)
Many other articles on the same site including the marriage of Capt Cyril Francis William Francis Dugmore to Mrs Lille B Gilbert (widow of H Bramball Gilbert) Shows a photograph of Mrs Cyril Dugmore.

Try the web site http://www.fultonhistory.com/fulton.html

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 July 12 20:26 BST (UK) »
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline engzelius

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 17:07 BST (UK) »
I note the date of your original request that I have only just come across, and by now you may have all the information you require about my granduncle, Cyril Dugmore. I have a family photo of him in uniform in 1910.

Offline K8T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 May 15 22:07 BST (UK) »
Hi engzelius,
I have gathered quite a bit of information but would love copy of a photo of him in uniform.  I have not been in contact with a descendant of his so any other info you have of him would be great.
Many thanks
K8T

Offline engzelius

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 15 May 15 09:32 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately I do not have any special information about Cyril Dugmore - just a few family photos - Most of my information has been derived from various on-line sources. Regarding the photograph of him falling from his horse - the one in the NY Sun 1918 lacks detail and I have not located the one in the ‘Pictorial Magazine’ -  Have you seen it?  Incidentally from the same sources there is a picture of him in uniform in 1917 in the ‘New York NY Evening Telegram 1917’
I’m sending you a couple of photos one in 1907 and one in uniform in 1910.

A couple of days ago I tried to send you the above message with 2 photographs. There was a problem in that one of the pictures exceeded the size limits. Whilst sorting that out I was uncertain whether the link remained open or not and if the photos went off. If you can confirm the receipt of this message I will resend the photos.

Offline K8T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 17 May 15 20:37 BST (UK) »
Hi engzelius,
I did receive the message but no photos or attachments, unfortunately.  I did find the picture of him falling from the horse and I will try and track the source I got it from and let you know.
K8T