Author Topic: Kitty Brewster (Cowpen)  (Read 15483 times)

Offline davidpaul

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kitty Brewster (Cowpen)
« Reply #27 on: Monday 08 February 16 18:03 GMT (UK) »
Just out of a matter of interest I obtain a book some time back regarding this area hand written sort of diary peom book that names all these areas will when i get the chance post the names mentioned in this book if i remember right the surname with photo was mason from the early 1900s
Scotland.Yates,Kelly,illingworth,Reilly,cummins,green,dunpy,McCullough,Watson ,bulloch,Ross,Clark.England.boag,Costello,bulloch.chappell,drummond.stobbard .   Scotland,Simpson.McKay Murry blewit.England,graham suddes surtees scotland greenhill england charlton oniel chicken Richardson hardy salthouse scotland.seath strachan mill england graham

Offline dolly dimples

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 08 February 16 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Will look forward to that David. 
                                                  Dolly .
Northumberland. Main.Hertfordshire.Brash.Dryden
East Lothian.Brash. Dryden. Cumberland.Henderson.Joyce.
Plymouth.Charlick. Canada.Boulds.

Offline davidpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 08 February 16 22:43 GMT (UK) »
This book does mention kitty Brewster's.it also mention bedlington Northumberland.
Scotland.Yates,Kelly,illingworth,Reilly,cummins,green,dunpy,McCullough,Watson ,bulloch,Ross,Clark.England.boag,Costello,bulloch.chappell,drummond.stobbard .   Scotland,Simpson.McKay Murry blewit.England,graham suddes surtees scotland greenhill england charlton oniel chicken Richardson hardy salthouse scotland.seath strachan mill england graham

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 08 February 16 23:30 GMT (UK) »
That looks fascinating, David.  Does it give any indication of date?

Christine

Offline davidpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 09:05 GMT (UK) »
Theirs a few dates ranging from 1918 and the 1920s and the a few names one being a kitty short I have looked to see if i could find harry mason local to this area and did find one from blyth

Offline davidpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 09:15 GMT (UK) »
All so the name Ann gilroy keeps popping up and the area sleekburn if that helps

Offline roy john

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi there. I have been researching my family history and found in the 1901 census that my forebear John CURTIS was landlord of the Kitty Brewster. He lived there with his wife Catherine and children George, Ann and Elizabeth.
How long he had been landlord I do not know as he was a miner in the 1891 census.

Roy

Offline pityackafromblyth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi there. I have been researching my family history and found in the 1901 census that my forebear John CURTIS was landlord of the Kitty Brewster. He lived there with his wife Catherine and children George, Ann and Elizabeth.
How long he had been landlord I do not know as he was a miner in the 1891 census.

Roy
welcome to Rootschat.. roy john.  I grew up within a mile of the Kitty Brewster, and used that pub, and the others nearby in the 1960s and the 70s.  I cannot assist re your ancestors, BUT, within a few hours, at the most, ,,,you will be receiving replies from many in here.

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 20:16 GMT (UK) »
And a welcome from me, too.

Hope you enjoy being with us  :D