Author Topic: Did Burt rearly exist COMPLETED THANK YOU  (Read 7565 times)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Did Burt rearly exist ????
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 09 August 12 15:30 BST (UK) »
Hi

Edith E Harrison Dec qtr 1922 Derby 7b 922 (could Edith's middle name be Evelyn - which she was known as??)

Suz

It seems Edith E's middle name could be Evelyn -if this is her marriage

Marriage reg
Edith E harrison Arthur L Robson

Death reg
Edith EVELYN Robson
born 13 Sept 1922
Death reg Oct 1984
age 62
Derby
6 695
????

Suz
Dec qtr 1944 Derby 7b 1423

Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 09 August 12 16:44 BST (UK) »
Maybe I can help with this!

I had a look for "57 Holcombe" in the Derby papers and:

There is a report from 1940 concerning James Herbert Harrison of that address who was fined 10/- for driving his motorcycle in the blackout with a non-compliant headlamp, and a further 10/- for not having a red rear lamp.

Then, in April 1943 we have the engagement of  Driver John Harrison RAOC, youngest son of  Mr & Mrs J H Harrison of 57 Holcombe Street, to Dorothy Pountain; and a subsequent announcement of their marriage on 6 November 1943 (Pte J W Harrison to Dorothy Pountain)

Another report from 17 November 1943 concerns the divorce of James Hubert Harrison ( of 57 Holcombe Street) from his wife Thora who had left him after just 3 weeks of married life.

I'm getting a bit confused now - but perhaps if we can find the marriage of James Hubert/Herbert  and Thora then some more light may be shed
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 09 August 12 17:07 BST (UK) »
Another newspaper report from 1937 - James Hubert Harrison of 57 Holcombe Street fined for speeding on his motorcycle.

I guess we've identified Bert now as most probably the  James H Harrison born 1915, having located a James Hubert Harrison at the same address as John W and his parents  Mr & Mrs J H Harrison 

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 09 August 12 17:11 BST (UK) »
The Australian electoral rolls identify a James Hubert Harrison, metal worker, at 38 Seymour Street, Caulfield, VIC in 1954. There was also a James Hubert Harrison, engineer, in Sandringham that year.

Offline SmallTownGirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 09 August 12 17:12 BST (UK) »
Maybe I can help with this!

I had a look for "57 Holcombe" in the Derby papers and:

There is a report from 1940 concerning James Herbert Harrison of that address who was fined 10/- for driving his motorcycle in the blackout with a non-compliant headlamp, and a further 10/- for not having a red rear lamp.

Then, in April 1943 we have the engagement of  Driver John Harrison RAOC, youngest son of  Mr & Mrs J H Harrison of 57 Holcombe Street, to Dorothy Pountain; and a subsequent announcement of their marriage on 6 November 1943 (Pte J W Harrison to Dorothy Pountain)

Another report from 17 November 1943 concerns the divorce of James Hubert Harrison ( of 57 Holcombe Street) from his wife Thora who had left him after just 3 weeks of married life.

I'm getting a bit confused now - but perhaps if we can find the marriage of James Hubert/Herbert  and Thora then some more light may be shed

There's a marriage between a James H Harrison and a Thora Hardy in Ashby-de-la-Zouch in 1938.  

Always looking for GOODWINS in Berkshire :)

Offline SmallTownGirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 09 August 12 17:16 BST (UK) »
Can't find "Bert" at the moment, you may already have this but on familysearch.org there is a parish register extract Cromford St Mark's for Lilian May Harrison, born 19 Feb 1904 bap 8 May 1904 parents James Harold and Sarah. Cromford would come under Bakewell registration district.

Shirl

Yes, in 1904 Cromford came under Bakewell Reg District.

STG

PS : I still wish I could find the family on the 1911 census!  Sooo frustrating.
Always looking for GOODWINS in Berkshire :)

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 09 August 12 17:19 BST (UK) »
OK I think we've cracked it. Well done everyone !

NB The family can be found on FindMyPast's 1911 census transcription

Offline l.plates

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 31 August 12 23:45 BST (UK) »
Hi all
Thank you all very much for your hard work and time doing the searches and look ups to find Bert. its all much appreciated.

Sorry I have only just come on this but I have a very unsociable job and there are times I do not get to go on Ancestry.

thank you so much

l.plates :) :) :)
Miles,  Gooch,  Townsend, Carter.   

London:-  Southgate, Edmonton,  Middlesex,  Wood Green