Author Topic: Healey or Brosnanh - Castleisland.  (Read 3493 times)

Offline Teatree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Healey or Brosnanh - Castleisland.
« on: Wednesday 25 May 05 06:01 BST (UK) »
On my great-great-grandfather's (John Joseph HEALEY c. 1859) marriage entry (Tauranga, New Zealand 12 March 1884) he stated that he was born in Castleisland, County Kerry and that his parents were Edward James HEALEY (farmer) and Margaret BROSNANH.  I would love any information about any HEALEY or BROSNANH in Castleisland at ANY time. This is all the information I have and I don't know where to look next! :)
ALDWINCKLE (Glapthorne, Northamptonshire); BROSNANH (Castleisland, County Kerry); BARTON (Rotherfield, Sussex; and Tunbridge Wells, Kent); BLAKER (Leatherhead, Surrey; and Worthing, Sussex); HEALEY (Castleisland, County Kerry); HEASMAN (East Grinstead, Sussex);  HINTON (Chitterne, Wiltshire); MORGAN (Chitterne, Wiltshire); RUSSELL (Ramsgate, Kent); and TEBBUTT (Sudborough, Northamptonshire).

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Healey or Brosnanh - Castleisland.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 May 05 08:07 BST (UK) »
Hi
finding stuff in Ireland is not easy as most records were destroyed but have found this conection

Catherine Healy chris 31/10/1866 at Kerry
father John Healy
mother Catherine Brosnan ?

Denis Healy chris 30/3/1867 at Killarney Kerry

Edmond 3/8/1871
Edward 3/8/1871 [twins]

the above parents were
Patrick Healy
Mary Brosninham

hope this helps
good luck

audrey

Offline troods

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my greatgrandma Dorcas Charlotte Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 26 May 05 03:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Teatree and Audrey

This is probably a shot in the dark here but you never know.

I have in my family a Catherine Healy known as 'Catherine Of York' who married a John Grady in approx 1825-1830 in Kerry County Ireland.
They had a son Patrick Grady b Tarbert approx 1834.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Troods
Williams- Devon to Vic Oz;
Holmes - Donnegal to Vic Oz; Hall Westmoreland/Kent to Vic Oz;
Shipwash - Kent;
Edwards - Lambeth;
Nolan - Ireland;
Grady - Kerry to WA Oz;
Matson - Nova Scotia to SA Oz

Offline Teatree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 26 May 05 03:59 BST (UK) »
Hello Audrey and Troods.

Thank you very much for the information. It will give me something to work on. I have felt lost trying to find information about the names I am looking for in Ireland. The spelling of their names is a problem area for me. HEALEY has continued to be the form used by my family in New Zealand but I only have the one entry for BROSNANH which could just be how the registrar in Tauranga thought it was spelt. I really don't know! Should I be too worried about the spelling of names? It gets soooooooo confusing!

Once again, thank you! :)

Theresa (Teatree)
ALDWINCKLE (Glapthorne, Northamptonshire); BROSNANH (Castleisland, County Kerry); BARTON (Rotherfield, Sussex; and Tunbridge Wells, Kent); BLAKER (Leatherhead, Surrey; and Worthing, Sussex); HEALEY (Castleisland, County Kerry); HEASMAN (East Grinstead, Sussex);  HINTON (Chitterne, Wiltshire); MORGAN (Chitterne, Wiltshire); RUSSELL (Ramsgate, Kent); and TEBBUTT (Sudborough, Northamptonshire).