Author Topic: death certificate information  (Read 915 times)

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
death certificate information
« on: Thursday 09 August 12 16:41 BST (UK) »
My 2nd great grandparents died in Ontario. James painter died in Toronto 1928 and his wife Mary died in York mills 1924. How do i go about buying their death certificates from the UK. Do anyone know how much it will cost to buy and have them delivered to the UK.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: death certificate information
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 August 12 17:04 BST (UK) »
Original images of these records are available through Ancestry. You might check if your local public library subscribes to Ancestry Library Edition. This would give you access to these images and save you quite a bit of money. If you are near a Family History Center (the familysearch folk), they may also have an Ancestry subscription.

Alternately, this is where you need to go to order the certs. The death records in these 2 years are available to the public so there s/b no problem abtaining them. Just follow the instructions.

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/FormDetail?OpenForm&ACT=RDR&TAB=PROFILE&SRCH=&ENV=WWE&TIT=death+certificate&NO=007-11075E

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 August 12 17:06 BST (UK) »
In Ontario once records are put in the public domain, they are free.  Ancestry.ca has Ontario death certificates, www.familysearch.org has them indexed, but no images.

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 August 12 17:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Thank you for reply and the Links. I notice they have James birth date down as 23 Feb 1854 London. He was born 1847, his parents names are right so this must be the same person.