Author Topic: I can't access Ancestry.co.uk  (Read 7087 times)

Offline Nick29

• Deceased Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: I can't access Ancestry.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: Friday 10 August 12 14:35 BST (UK) »
It's back on now, but still slow and clunky  :)
RIP 1949-10th January 2013

Best Wishes,  Nick.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Doddie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 23 April 15 19:33 BST (UK) »
Two issues. I am able to access everything except my messages - lots of flashing, that's all. Also, on a different topic, I have been with Ancestry since at least 2005 (whenI moved in to tyhe flat previous to my present one). However it now says on my profile that I registered with the site on 23 Feb. 2009. I have been on Ancestry much longer than that. Phoned Ancestry. They insisted I reregistered in 2009. Not so worried about that but I really do want to check my messages. Ancestry have told me it is a 'cookies' issue.

Regards

Doddie

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 23 April 15 19:36 BST (UK) »
Seems a little strange that you have lost early history on both Ancestry and Rootschat Doddie. Since there are two independent sites involved it sounds as though you may have some other problem and the sites are not repsonsible.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Bainbridge, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Coxon, Davis, Dow, Farside, Garden, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Johnson, Laidler, Mason, Miller, Milne, Moreis, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Young

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 23 April 15 20:23 BST (UK) »
Trying accessing your ancestry messages through this link - http://community.ancestry.co.uk/messages/?fId=0.

I can't access ancestry messages through the normal icon at the top of the page, but can get to them through this.  Problem has been caused by an ancestry upgrade which the IE Tracking Protection doesn't like. :-X  If I try the normal way, all I get is a thin line at the top of the page.

You may not be having the same issue, but its worth a try through the link above.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Doddie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 24 April 15 10:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all the feedback. Craclyn, you certainly provide food for thought. I had a good think about this overnight. I have to concede that I may be wrong about my concerns with RootsChat, and therefore apologise for the tone of my initial posting about my RootsChat account. I did join after I had joined Ancestry. Maybe it was a lot later than I had thought. With regard to Ancestry, I phoned them before I took to airing my views through my initial postings. I was informed that I had originally registered in 2006 with a 'different' email address to the one I currently use with Ancestry. The fact is that I have only ever had one email address, a Hotmail one. Apparently I reregistered in Feb. of 2009. I was further informed that the 'original' account was never paid for, contained no information whatsoever (and never had done) and still existed (lying dormant) - this account has now been deleted. The  crux of the matter is that I have definitely been active with Ancestry longer than since 2009. For example, at one of my previous jobs I was on several occasions politely taken to task for using my work PC for personal matters (i.e. checking out my family tree issues on Ancestry), and this was in late 2006. By this time I had made great strides in assembling my family tree, but apparently this wouldn't have been possible since, as previously stated, the account I had at that time had not been paid for and contained no information. As it is I am unable to rectify this situation and I remain as having registered in Feb. of 2009. My family tree seems to be intact. My main concern is that I may have lost any pre 2009 personal message threads that I had established with other Ancestry members. I obviously cannot remember every thread off the top of my head and so it is my habit to revisit my personal messages every now and then to refresh my memory. I am well aware that I probably come across as being rather over obsessive about this but I am convinced that there is something amiss.

Regards

Doddie