Author Topic: Hoopers of Boveridge Cranborne  (Read 8823 times)

Offline linleymh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hoopers of Ednam, Roxburghshire, Scotland & possibly Boveridge
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 March 16 10:20 BST (UK) »
Hooper family of Ednam, near Kelso. Would like to clarify our slightly conflicting stories, but definitely the same essentials. Have recently had DNA tests with surprising results. New to this site, so still not sure how it works

Linley Hooper

Offline slc1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hoopers of Boveridge Cranborne
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 11 December 16 15:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lindley    I agree we have the same essentials but due to lack of any further evidence coming from Scotland myself and my cousins are at loss to know how Hoopers of Cranborne were related to Hoopers of Kelso . We do know that Henry (Reverend) Hooper ( emigrated to USA )  was born in Cranborne Dorset  and that his father Sr Henry Hooper born 1555 was supposed to have been born in Lancashire

your thoughts appreciated
SLC1 

Offline linleymh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hoopers of Ednam
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 December 16 05:56 GMT (UK) »
I'm still confused - why do you think your Hoopers are from Ednam? Do you claim descent or as a collateral of "William the signer"s father William born 1704 in Ednam. He is supposedly the son of Robert Hooper of Ednam/Stitchell, but I worry about the age gap.
As there are Hooper/Happers in the neighbouring parish of Stitchell for some time before his 1692 marriage in Ednam, the Monmouth suggestions seems unlikely and DNA did not support it.
DNA gives a northern Germanic/Scandinavian background and most of the matches (admittedly very distant) have names which could be seen as variants of Hooper - Hauptrief and Hoptry. No match to a single Hooper. I suggest you have your DNA tested (preferably with FamilyTree DNA) and compare.

Offline slc1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hoopers of Boveridge Cranborne
« Reply #12 on: Monday 04 March 19 15:57 GMT (UK) »
I have recently stumbled upon a possible  connection between John Hooper of Sarum (m Agnes Porte)  ancestor of Hoopers of Boveridge  being the son of Bishop John Hooper. Bishop John Hooper married Ann de Tserclaes (Tscerlas) . She had Belgian Ancestry. Can i advise you to check the Hibbs  Family Tree on Ancestry which is very thorough with regard to her pedigree. mMaybe just maybe thats where the Scandinavian, German ,Belgian DNA has come from