Author Topic: Russell family of Nottingham  (Read 5766 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Russell family of Nottingham
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 16 August 12 19:40 BST (UK) »
You will need to buy a copy of the 1936 marriage cert to (a) find his full middle name and (b) his age

There are 2 deaths that could be his but it is dependant on knowing whether his middle name was John or James and also his age

his siblings kids and grandkids names

We would not be allowed to give that info as some or all of these people may still be alive - particularly children and grandchildren.  Please see moderator comments above

However, if Fred was born abroad then it's possible his siblings were as well.  Do you know whether they also lived in Notts (apart from Charles)   

Have you checked freebmd for marriages for his siblings?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline markwilliamlong

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 October 12 09:29 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm the grandson of William (Bill Russell) who was one of Fred's younger brothers. My grandad is 91 and still going strong! Bill and Midge (Marie) are the only siblings still alive.

Mark

Offline markwilliamlong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 09 November 12 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I received your private message but it won't allow me to reply....

Mark

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 09 November 12 14:01 GMT (UK) »
New members usually need 3 posts to use PM system- you just need one more post and then it should work.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline markwilliamlong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 09 November 12 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks.

Offline Michelle Smith

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 25 January 16 00:11 GMT (UK) »
Charlotte Rebecca Russell is my mamma, she passed away years ago,, if you need any information I'll see if I can help

Offline markwilliamlong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 25 January 16 08:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Michelle, i have a picture of your mamma with some of her brothers (including my grandad) and sister, would be happy to share if you'd like to see it?

(not sure what the rules are for putting pictures on here?)

Offline SunnyG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 03 April 19 09:27 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I appreciate this thread is several years' old but, nevertheless, was really pleased to have found it and hope someone will pick my message up...

For a Chapter in a WW1 book:

I've been researching David Russell (Jamaican) who married his German wife, Anna, in 1911.

At the outbreak of war, she was repatriated to England (Hull) with 4 of their children. But, having no money/resources and unable to speak English they initially ended up in a workhouse in Hull.

Meanwhile, as a British subject, David Russell had been interned, experienced severe health complications at the camp, and was repatriated to England (Essex) in 1916, I believe.

As a courtesy, I'd be more than happy to share my research once it's completed, but am reaching out at this juncture to see if there are any family members who might be able to help me fill in a few gaps, in particular:

1. It has been virtually impossible to learn about their life in Germany before the war.

2. Records indicate that he tried in vain (for years, especially in the 1920s) to have the family reunited and return to Jamaica. So, I am trying to establish how and why they relocated to the Nottingham area and appear to have settled a couple of generations later.

3. I know his wife died in Nottingham in 1965, but I cannot trace what happened to David Russell.

While I cannot find him on the 1939 Register with his wife and several of their adult children, I have not been able to find him on passenger lists either. Having said that, I found a record of a death of a David Russell in 1949 in Jamaica (that more or less matches his birth date) and am trying to ascertain if it's right individual.

4. So far, I have not found any images of either of the couple/family; I know he worked at some point as a merchant seaman and was hoping to locate an image that way but, for the most part, the government decided to destroy those records in the 1920s...

Many thanks.

Offline Fionab72

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 18:10 BST (UK) »
Hi SonnyG

I just seen your thread. I am the great grandchild of David and Anna and would love to chat with you more.