Author Topic: Brick Wall  (Read 11847 times)

Offline pompet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brick Wall
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 25 August 12 04:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks Leane, I am looking into the latest information.
I'm sorry for the delay, but it is the first time I have used roots chat, & still learning.
 Pompet

Offline pompet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 25 August 12 04:49 BST (UK) »
Hi

WW1 record for his son JOHN who was killed in action, lists his sister Effie McGuiness as next of kin, as both parents are deceased by 1916.
Record can be found at this link
http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/using/search/
Muss

Thanks Muss,
I have all the ww1 records.
 Cheers Pompet

Offline pompet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 25 August 12 08:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks Cando,
Very interesting, I'm working on it.
Pompet

Offline pompet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 25 August 12 08:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks Neil, I have my doubts , I can't get any connection with GRACE. There is not connection of a Grace in the tree sofar.
Thanks anyway
Pompet

Offline pompet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 25 August 12 08:15 BST (UK) »
Problem is........ now we have to find out who got where, when and how????????

Probably by ship Huh?

Neil  e]
 Thanks Neil, I would agree with you, got any clues
Pompet

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 25 August 12 08:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks Cando,
Very interesting, I'm working on it.
Pompet

I only listed the information in Reply#34 to show there were not your family at FORBES.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Brayfam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 26 August 12 04:04 BST (UK) »
Hi all

I am the person who has the web site mentioned by Rosball. Sorry its taken me a while to answer but have been busy and only just joined rootschat. I am attempting a One Name Study of Brays in Australia and I hope to have it as accurate as possible.

First let me say I am totally blown away by how much effort you put into helping people and through the information you all have supplied I have been able to fix a problem I had on my web site. I had a look at my data and the great amount you all have added.

To add my two cents worth. Cando and Neil you are discussing two quite seperate families.
The one requested by Pompet (John Bray and Elizabeth Hensley):--
We know they had a daughter Effie May who married a Mcguiness and a son John who was killed in WW1 (and 2 other sons). We know from Johns enlistment that both parents were dead. We know from Elizabeth's headstone (thanks for that didn't have it) that she died in 1910. The death of John Bray in Nymagee in 1904 is virtually certain to be him (that was the mistake I had, I had this death in the wrong family) as Effie married in Nymagee in 1904. This gives the parents of this John to be Henry and Ann and thus all the Census etc info found in Cornwall by Cando would be correct.

The other family discussed by Neil:-
His information all makes sense and I think is all correct. The john that is a son of Henry Bray and Grace is NOT the one who married Elizabeth hensley. By coincidence Henry and Grace also had a daughter Emma who married a John Bray agin not the John Bray who married Elizabeth.. All Henry and Graces family were mostly in the Forbes area. The John Bray who married Emma Bray (Henry and Graces daughter), the only suitable death for him is 1921 in Forbes, father Abel.
I think this is certain to be him because John and Emma had a son they called Abel and that is such a rare name that I now only have two of them in my database. This would make all the Census info found by Neil for this family would be right and thanks for that.
Thanks again for all your efforts.
Brayfam

Offline Brayfam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 26 August 12 04:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Again

I have put this in a seperate post as I would like to know what you think. As I am doing a One Name Study obviously I am not going to buy certificates for all my people (I currently have over 12000 in my database). This means that there WILL be a small (hopefully very small) amount of errors in my data and I have put a warning to this effect on my site.

This brings me to my question. There are always many adverse comments made about incorrect information on the internet. However I have decided to put my database out there to help people  find their families as I am doing all transcriptions in BDMs etc and I often find things a normal researcher wouldnt look for. It also will save many people a lot of work. I also act as a connection point and put people in touch with others researching the same family.
But do you feel that this is the wrong thing to do because of the slight risk of errors and that I should take it down. I do not advertise my study at all as I do not have the time for many enquiries, currently I average about 2 a week who find me just by googleing their name.
I would value your honest opinion.

PS if any one is looking fro Brays tell them to just google Bray Families and they will find my site.
Brayfam

Offline pompet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 26 August 12 07:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your interest Brayfam,
 I an the one interested in the Bray/Hensley family. Yes I was aware of the other Bray family. Effie Bray was my Grandmother and was having trouble getting any more information further on John Bray, but thanks to RootsChat it is giving me lots of help.
 Thanks for your interest
 Pompet