Author Topic: Philomena Carter - Ottawa  (Read 8626 times)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Philomena Carter - Ottawa
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 14:34 BST (UK) »
Hello CareyKnight and a warm welcome to RootsChat  :).

RootsChat discourages the placing of emails on this public part of the forum to prevent misuse of same for spamming, etc. You should use the modify button at the top corner of the post to remove it. This info can be sent using the private personal message (PM) system on RootsChat once you have made 3 posts (so one more to say 'Hi' or something will do it).

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline sterchi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 20:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Jacqui

I have a letters to my grandmother by Dora. I tried to find living relatives, that know about the live my grandmother had in England and why she was in Canada.

At the moment I have just limited access to the internet. I try to read my Mali regularly.

Hope to hear from you soon

Daniel

Offline CareyKnight

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 22:33 BST (UK) »
I was in touch with Dora's granddaughter a few years ago and with John Tamburri - Philomena's nephew from their mother and Alfonso Tamburi. I still have John's email address.
I have all this information which I would like to share with you on how Philomena was in Canada.
Are you able to private message me your email address?

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 20 January 19 18:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daniel and Jacqui,

I'm so sorry for the delay in responding to you, it has been a few years since I've come on this site. I'm just starting to get back into the research.

I am interested in learning more about what happened to Philomena and her sisters, as I haven't progressed much since starting this thread in 2012.

Alexander

Offline CareyKnight

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 05 February 19 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alexander,
I would like to forward you the information I have privately about what happened to the girls- am I right in thinking that you are a decendant of Louisa Carter (Philomena’s aunt?) I think we may have corresponded years ago.