Author Topic: Bradbury/Barrowclough marriage  (Read 3542 times)

Offline FAB Fiona

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Bradbury/Barrowclough marriage
« on: Thursday 01 July 04 21:01 BST (UK) »
Hi

Further to my Bradburys of Disley message, I now believe that John Bradbury married a Hannah Barrowclough around 1824-1827.  

Her mother, Sarah or Sally, seems to have married a William Butterworth after the death of her husband Jabez Barrowclough - which is why in later censuses John's mother in law is listed as a Sally Butterworth and I had assumed that must be Hannah's maiden name.  Post-1837 children's birth certificates give her former name as Barrowclough.  I believe the marriage of Hannah and John may have been in the Disley/Stockport area, not least because he lists his place of birth as Disley in about 1804 (still looking for that) and the marriage is not listed on the IGI.

I'd be grateful for any references that can be found.

With thanks

Fiona

PS I'd be interested if anybody can locate the death of a Jabez Barrowclough (or Barraclough) around 1814-1818, but I think Lancashire might be the place.
Bradbury-Gorton/Salford/Disley
Barker-Bury/Stockport/Cheadle, Staffs
Barrowclough-Salford/Sowerby
Berry-Coppull
Connolly-Hulme/Birkenhead/Ireland
Crowley, Renshaw & Steele-Manchester
De Rome-Salford/London
Godson-Gorton/Salford/Stafford
Hampson & Lofthouse-Salford
Kay-Bury
Mooney & Richmond-Dublin
Price & Sparks-Wirral
Pritchard-Stockport/Manchester/Leeds
Shaw-Standish
Stredder-Birkenhead/Liverpool/Folkingham
Sweeney-Salford/Chester
White-Manchester/Notts/Dublin
Ziegler-Staff

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re:Bradbury/Barrowclough marriage
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 July 04 14:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Fiona
             I have searched the 2 marriage indexes that I have
which are fairly comprehensive ( Bertram merril and Philmores) without finding the marriage your looking for.
Have you managed to decifer the birth place of Hannah, it may be worth searching her parish.

good luck and if you need anything else just ask

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs