Author Topic: Ernest William Bonner  (Read 2250 times)

Offline effie13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ernest William Bonner
« on: Wednesday 22 August 12 05:41 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on Ernest William Bonner who was a resident of Nanaimo, BC and died in 1962.  I believe he may have been married to a Lillian Mary Waterman in Nanaimo.  Does anyone have a directory that they may be able to check on an address.  Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest William Bonner
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 August 12 07:57 BST (UK) »
Hi effie13,

I live in Nanaimo and could check at the family history society library to see if they have any directories.  I'm not sure how soon I will be able to get there though.

The address for the FHS is http://www.members.shaw.ca/nfhs/index.htm.  I'm not sure if they have anything online that may be useful to you.

If you search for Bonner on www.canada411.ca you will find the phone number and address for a C. Bonner in Nanaimo who may be a descendant.

Susan

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 August 12 23:42 BST (UK) »
Here's a transcript of the death registration from the LDS website regarding Ernest William Bonner who died 17 Feb 1962 in Nanaimo, BC: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FLRL-FZT His birth date and parents' names are listed.

As well, here's the transcript of Lilian's death registration:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FL1Q-17Z

I don't see a marriage in British Columbia for them.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline trish.1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 August 12 06:37 BST (UK) »
Ernest William Bonner was my non-biological grandfather.
Died when I was 5 years old.
He and my grandmother lived with us.
What is your interest in him?

Offline effie13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 25 August 12 07:26 BST (UK) »
If we have the correct Bonner ... he would be related to me.

Offline trish.1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 26 August 12 23:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Effie,

I am not on Skype. Perhaps you have some questions that I can help with. We found your post quite by chance as we were not previously signed up with Rootschat.com.

My Grandad emigrated to Canada around 1916. How would you be related?

I may have access to photos as well.

Trish

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 27 August 12 22:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish and welcome to RootsChat  :).

If you make one more post here, even if just to say 'Hi', you and Effie will then be able to use the RootsChat Private Message (PM) system to exchange messages, emails addresses, etc. if you would like to. Please don't post anything of that nature on here to protect your privacy.

You access the PM system by clicking on the little green scroll under the person's name on any post they have made or through their profile.

Regards PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline mjakrill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 11 November 12 11:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello Effie & Trish

I suspect that your Ernest William Bonner was my Grandfather's first cousin born in Lincolnshire, England in about 1885 at Hallington, Lincolnshire.

For many years I have been trying to find any family. Originally I was told by another cousin of Grandad's that he went to Australia but recently received info that it was Canada where he went.

His father was William Bonner his mother Mary Elizabeth Shepherd. I have details of four further generations and some rather interesting stories of his early life (not all confirmed).

I will try and send my email through the private section of this site to you both and then let you have what info you may want and find out where you fit into the picture.

Regards mjaOZ

Offline monkpoet

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 07 October 17 18:35 BST (UK) »
Ernest William Bonner was the first husband of my grand aunt, Laura Isabel Green. They were married on 30 August 1904 at Awsworth (Nottinghamshire England) Church of England (about two miles from where I currently live in Eastwood Nottinghamshire). In 1906 they had a child, Gordon Granville Bonner.
The following is an extract from the notes I have accumulated over the years:-

Originally married to Ernest William Bonner in Awsworth Nottinghamshire on 30 August 1904 and lived with his parents at the Glebe Farm Cossall. She gave birth to a son, Gordon Granville Bonner in the winter of 1906. It is alleged that at some time after her sons birth that her husband, Ernest William Bonner, ran off with an actress from the Nottingham Empire theatre. Laura left her young son Gordon with his grandparents in Awsworth and on 24 September 1907 travelled on the SS Carmania from Liverpool to Canada under the pseudonym of Mona Lauder.She then married George John Moreton Whitehead (bigamously?) and they had two children, Mervyn George (1908) and Basil Desmond (1913). In the Canadian 1916 census she is married to George (aged 29) with 2 sons and lived in Manitoba, Portage le Prairie. She died of arthritis in Canada on 7 January 1937 after changing her name to Audrey Louise