Author Topic: Help with a GRO Index please - Completed  (Read 3955 times)

Offline Framesmiths1816

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Heathcote's Tiverton Mill 1836
    • View Profile
Help with a GRO Index please - Completed
« on: Saturday 25 August 12 09:40 BST (UK) »
Hi, Please can someone help me with the GRO index for a death in 1970 for an Ada Mary Dickinson (or Dickenson) in Leicester so I can order a copy of the certificate.

Thank you - Mark
Warner, Owen, Putt, Mynett, Wickwar, Norman, Wheeler, Gray, Cooke, Dewick, Holmes, Lawson, Granger, Queenan, Weston, Wesson, Brewin, Cartwright, Heathcote, Heathcoat, Felkin, Morley, Hallam, Wootton, Adkin, Shepshed, Loughborough, Leicester, Philadelphia, Ontario, Nottingham,

Offline Dazey999

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a GRO Index please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 August 12 09:58 BST (UK) »
Ada Mary A Dickenson, aged 66
b. 19 Sep 1903
death registered Jan-Mar 1970 Leicester
3a 2107  ;)

Dazey

Offline Framesmiths1816

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a GRO Index please
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 August 12 10:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you Dazey,

I suspect this is my great grandmother, whose details I have been looking for for many years. She was born in 1903 but so far her birth record is also missing. A distant relative I managed to connect with this week thought she might have been "Dickinson" when she died which opens up a new line of inquiry.

Thank you for your help, it is appreciated
ATB - Mark
Warner, Owen, Putt, Mynett, Wickwar, Norman, Wheeler, Gray, Cooke, Dewick, Holmes, Lawson, Granger, Queenan, Weston, Wesson, Brewin, Cartwright, Heathcote, Heathcoat, Felkin, Morley, Hallam, Wootton, Adkin, Shepshed, Loughborough, Leicester, Philadelphia, Ontario, Nottingham,

Offline Framesmiths1816

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a GRO Index please - Completed
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 September 12 10:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Dazey,

Just to let you know, I got the Dickenson death certificate and it is the correct one!!! It gives my great grandmother's maiden name as well as the notifier being my grandfather. For the first time I have her DOB. So big a thank you for your help.

Cheers - Mark

Offline Dazey999

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a GRO Index please - Completed
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 September 12 17:06 BST (UK) »
Thank YOU, Mark for letting me know that I was able to help in a very small way.  Good luck with your research..Dazey