Author Topic: 1871 Census Edward Lenegan (maybe Thompson) - COMPLETED-MANY THANKS TO DOWNUNDER  (Read 2520 times)

Offline Zephyr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
I am looking for Edward Lenegan on 1871 census.  I have just received a copy of his birth certificate - Edward Lenagan 18.9.1867 Father James Mother Elizabeth (nee Kelly).  I have done a basic search on A******y, in the end using just Edward's christian name, birth year, place of birth and christian names of parents.  The only family that comes up is under the name Thompson (mother Eliza).  I would have ignored this but for the fact that I found Edward on the 1911 census under the surname Thompson!  Curious!!

Could someone please let me have the 1871 details of this Thompson family please.  The only other details from the birth certificate are that the family lived 26 Albert Street, York.  St George.  and father James was a Glassblower.

With grateful thanks.

Zephyr
 :)

Census information is Crown Copyright from nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 Census Edward Lenegan (maybe Thompson!)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 August 12 12:03 BST (UK) »
Hello

1871 Rg10/4751 folio 58 page  19St George Yorkshire

1 Dressers Court Charles Street

Richard Thompson age 71 linen Weaver City of Young
Ann wife age 75 City of Young

Johnson Family

Free family

4 Dressers Court Charles Street
James Thompson age 27 Flint Glass Maker born Hull
Eliza Thompson age 25 Scotland
Edward son age 3 Ciity of York

Pam
oakley, Leadbeater, Hemming, Jones, Pearsall, Page,------ Aston, Leominster, Balsall Heath, Tewkesbury, Kings Norton, Birmingham.

census information are crown copyright of www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Zephyr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 Census Edward Lenegan (maybe Thompson!)
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 August 12 17:22 BST (UK) »
Hello Pam

Thank you for the census information and the bit regarding Richard.  The ages and places of birth for James & family match up with the information I have so looks likely this is the family I am looking for.  (I believe City of Young will be City of York.)

Richard is 'new'.  I have James' father as also being a James born Ireland but trying to find Lenegans (with the various spellings) on the censuses is a nightmare!!

Thank you very much for the trouble you have taken.  It is much appreciated.

With kind regards.

Zephyr
 ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright from nationalarchives.gov.uk