Author Topic: John Mulleague, b c1853, Rosscommon  (Read 8009 times)

Offline Lisacul Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Mulleague, b c1853, Rosscommon
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 22:29 BST (UK) »
Hello Heywood,

Rarity of the name in the area leads me to believe it is one of the three families. I am looking at this as the tennant being a James having a son living with him , John , who in turn has his own young family living under the same roof.

The birth 1853 aprrox and The valuation 1857 , coupled with two of the birth years for James from the LDS site suggest this premise to be possible.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 22:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Padraig,

That's what I figured - it was just the jump from John to James which wasn't quite clear.

Thanks

heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lisacul Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 22:52 BST (UK) »

Hi Heywood,

There are a number of possibilities. I've seen a possible John aged 17 in Altrincham and a possible father in Stockton on Tees from the 1871 census, which is all speculation.

All we can do is offer possibilities for the connection based on allegs info.

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 29 August 12 09:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you Padraig and Heywood,

I'll pass all this info on to my godfather as he is the Mulleague I'm looking for.

The John to James jump could be that James is actually John's father, the 1878 marriage certificate is very tricky to read, it obviously begins with a J but looking at it it could be anything! John and James are both names which have been carried down through the generations.

My godfathers maternal line id even more difficult, I don't know where to start with the Przegendza surname!!!

Thanks again
Legs
xxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams