Author Topic: DBSIG: German Pork Butchers  (Read 81411 times)

Offline pwm68

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DBSIG: German Pork Butchers
« Reply #108 on: Monday 18 January 16 18:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I notice this thread hasn't been active for a while, but I need some assistance.

I have noticed my GG-Grandparents are listed on this database, and would like to know where the information has been sourced from if possible (places of birth in particular). The only info I have is from UK records (census, naturalisation and marriage certs), and having searched on Ancestry.com and FamilySearch it appears my ancestors did not exist before arriving in the UK, even going by the information posted on this website!

Offline Berlin-Bob

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Monday 18 January 16 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi, and welcome to RootsChat :)

Can you give us the names of your  GG-Grandparents and we can carry on from there.

i.e. we can then see who entered the records, and possibly ask them where they got the information from.
If you are lucky, they may even have contributed to topics on RootsChat with information about them.

regards,
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline pwm68

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Monday 18 January 16 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Thanks for the quick reply

The names in question are;

Johann Georg Kolb B. 1861, Hopfach

Katharina Kämmlein/Kolb B. 1864, Atzenrod

Offline Berlin-Bob

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Monday 18 January 16 19:19 GMT (UK) »
Johann Georg Kolb B. 1861, Hopfach

Katharina Kämmlein/Kolb B. 1864, Atzenrod

They are records #405 and #479, and were entered by Histres, who has been entered many other records from his researches into German Pork Butchers.  He also checks this topic, so he will probably be able to tell you more about where he got his information from.

Please add your name as a researcher with family links (see the page view) and also, if you have any additional information, you can add this as comments, and we will add it to the records.

regards,
Bob

Help page:
http://surname.rootschat.com/lexicon/dbsig/dbsig-help.php?dbsig_num=2&show=gi#gi
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Histres

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Monday 18 January 16 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi pwm68,

It was me who added your great-grandparents to the database. I can give you the information you Need, together with family trees of both your great-grandparents and even more family data e.g. in what troublesome circumstances they grew up in Germany. I am going to write you a personal message and give you my E-Mail address. With this you can respond and tell me exactly who you are and what I can do for you.

Regards
Histres 
German pork butchers in Britain and in Ireland

Offline pwm68

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Monday 18 January 16 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I will do just that. Unfortunately I do not have much more information to add to what is already listed in the database.

Thanks again

Offline pwm68

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Monday 18 January 16 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Histres,

Thank you, I would very much appreciate that!

Offline Histres

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Monday 18 January 16 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello all you descendants of German pork butchers,
I would like to inform you about a special event that takes place in the first week of August this year. I am organising the 2nd Great German Pork Butcher Descendants' Reunion in Hohenlohe, the area where most of your forefathers came from. You are all warmly invited. The four day meeting combines the historical background with an interesting culinary, cultural and sightseeing programme.
If you are interested, please send me a personal message with your e-mail address and I will send you the programme, cost and payment details and a booking form. After having received the latter you may still decide if you want to take part or not.

Best wishes
Histres   
German pork butchers in Britain and in Ireland

Offline 0113vanny

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Monday 18 January 16 21:12 GMT (UK) »
I went 2 years ago - brilliant!