Author Topic: william haslam  (Read 2189 times)

Offline stevehaslam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
william haslam
« on: Sunday 02 September 12 12:39 BST (UK) »
i am looking for any information on the birth / baptism of william haslam born William Haslam / Hazlam

Born: - 1722   Alfreton, Derbyshire ??????? (Cannot find any proof that this is the correct date of birth. This is what someone else has posted but they cannot prove this either.
Baptised: - .???????
Married: - Mary Baker: - she was born 1718 in Cubley and baptised 19 Sept 1718    in Cubley. They married on 22 June 1743 in Crich, Derbyshire.
Died: - ?????
Buried:-????

Father’s alleged name: - Benjamin Haslom (born 1700 in Alfreton Pentrich) I have found Benjamin’s baptism 1 March 1700 in Pentrich. Benjamin’s parents are Thomas Haslem and Mary Thompson. Mothers alleged name Grace Brown (born 1704 in Duffield) she did marry Benjamin Haslam on 7 April 1727 at St Werburghs Derby.

I cannot find any proof of birth for William with his parents being Benjamin and Grace. This is what other people have posted but they cannot prove this either. Has anyone have any information that may help?

My train of thought as it stands on the information that someone has come up with:-

When Benjamin was born in 1700 this would mean his son William was born when Benjamin was 22 years old and his wife Grace was 18 years old which seems ok. The thing that seems a bit strange or wrong is they got married in 1727 which makes William 5 years old when they got married. Also I cannot find any evidence of the relationship between Benjamin, Grace and William. I cannot find anything to support William being born in 1722 in the area of Alfreton. I do have 3 children of Benjamin they are as follows:- Elizabeth Baptised 9 June 1728 in Alfreton
   ,Mary Baptised 25 Oct 1729 in Alfreton,Thomas Baptised 7 Oct 1732 in Alfreton

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: william haslam
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 September 12 13:11 BST (UK) »
Have you considered this christening on familysearch it is close to Crich

William Haslem
27th October 1717
SHIRLAND,DERBY,ENGLAND
father George Haslem
batch number P00035-1
film number 0962640 IT 1

Do you have his death, does that give an age ?

Rosie

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stevehaslam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 September 12 09:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosie

i now know that William Haslam Born 1822 is not the William i am looking for as he was baptised 23 Oct 1822 mother Catherina (spinster) abode Wissington. This William Haslam died 24 Dec 1824 aged 2.

i am also looking into Guliemus (william junior) Haslam Baptised 11 Nov 1716 in the parish of Chestefield. His Father is Guliemi. (william senior).
index C03586-3
source film 422195 and 422196.

i dont have the date of his death yet i will be looking into that as well as your hint for william.

many thanks
steve

Offline stevehaslam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 September 12 14:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosie
just recieved a letter with details about Benjamin Haslam and Grace. the date of their marraige is correct. Grace died 10 may 1753 in Alferton. Benjamin was buried 11 April 1756. Benjamin's will is available from Lichfield record office, Lichfield library. Will was made 31 Dec 1753. and proved 28 Oct 1756. Executors of the will were Thomas Haslam and Rodger Walters.Beneficiaries of will Thomas Haslam eldest son. Benjamin Haslam youngest son (he was under 21) means he was born after 1735. Others on the will. MaryHaslam youngest daughter. Grace Haslam (under 21) and Roger Walters of Pentrich (Brother in law). Rodger Walters married Mary Haslone both of Pentrich at Saint Alkmund Derby on 18 Aug 1723. But on the list you see Thomas is described as the eldest son but William was older.

Steve

Offline marp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 26 March 22 06:18 GMT (UK) »
I have a Mary Haslone  (Haslam?) who married a Roger Walters at St Alkmund, Derby on 18 August, 1723.  The  marriage document states both Roger and Mary were from Pentrich.

I see from earlier posts that Roger Walters of Pentrich  was the brother-in-law of Benjamin Haslam and is an executor of Benjamin's will proved in October 1756.

Is the Mary Haslone who married Roger Wlaters actually Mary Haslam?   If so,  I would much appreciate any information regarding her parents and birth date.

Many thanks,
marp

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 26 March 22 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi
If it was me I'd go for William Haslam the elder of Alfreton as his father.
William the older buried 19.8.1750
Children
Thomas 21.12.1706
son 1709 (can't read first name)
John 20.7.1712 bapt
? son of William Haslam 22.10.1716

and William 11.10.1704 no parents given on the transcript.

Just a thought.It would fit that baptism at Chesterfield nicely.

Ciderdrinker

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 26 March 22 20:14 GMT (UK) »
You may not have noticed marp, but you have replied to a post that is 10 years old.
The original poster, stevehaslam, has not been on Rootschat since 2016. (You can check his information by clicking on his name).
Just so you're not thinking why has there not been any reply from him.
He may still get email notifications of any replies to his posts, so you may be lucky.
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 27 March 22 08:53 BST (UK) »
There are bapts on FreeREG for the children of Thos/Thomas Haslam/Haslom
BENJAMIN 01 Mar 1700/1, Thomas/Mary
MARY 15 Jun 1704 Thomas/Eliz
THOMAS 30 Dec 1705 Thomas/Eliz
SAMUEL 06 Jan 1711/12 Father Thomas

Cant see a Marriage on there thats fits.
But if Mary was Benjamins sister there must be a mistake on his bapts with Mothers name?
Unless Thomas married twice?

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)