Author Topic: perry's in wiltshire & perry green?  (Read 10643 times)

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: search teasing with maiden name?
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 09 October 12 19:43 BST (UK) »
Louisa Elizabeth Maslen  married John Perry.Their daughter Mary Sarah Sissons Perry married John Biggs Banks.They are my great grandparents and great great grandparents.There is no evidence to show that they went to Portsmouth.Places they are linked to are Devizes Wiltshire, Hackney London, Potterne Wiltshire,Honey Bottom Farm Newbury Wiltshire and eventually Enfield Middlesex. If anyone has any information on Louisa Elizabeth Maslen Perry born in Covent Garden London I would be pleased to hear from them as we have found her family difficult to trace.  :)
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Davies Islington & Aberystwyth
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth
Bohane , Killaderry Skibbereen ,Cork

Offline touchofmange

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
perry's in charlton st peter and rushall
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 09 October 12 21:37 BST (UK) »
ok i've got the parish cd's for these areas now, hopefully i can tidy these perry's up a bit.

Perry- wilts, sussex and hants
Bonieface- sussex
Maslen- Wilts
Barnett- Hants

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: perry's in wiltshire & perry green?
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 29 October 15 11:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Touche of Mange,

I have inherited various Perry information . A recent discovery is a very large Perry family tree showing "ours" and how they intermarried. Would love to know if yours are linked to mine ?
M :)
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: search teasing with maiden name?
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 29 October 15 14:17 GMT (UK) »
Louisa Elizabeth Maslen  married John Perry.Their daughter Mary Sarah Sissons Perry married John Biggs Banks.They are my great grandparents and great great grandparents.There is no evidence to show that they went to Portsmouth.Places they are linked to are Devizes Wiltshire, Hackney London, Potterne Wiltshire,Honey Bottom Farm Newbury Wiltshire and eventually Enfield Middlesex. If anyone has any information on Louisa Elizabeth Maslen Perry born in Covent Garden London I would be pleased to hear from them as we have found her family difficult to trace.  :)

Hi as a starting point is this Louisa E Perry in 1851?

Sarah Maslen 19 b London
Louisa Perry 27 Sister/Married b London
Residing at Brittox, Devizes Wilts
Census ref HO107/1839/651/11
Her husband John Perry 30 occ?! Grocer b Devizes is a lodger in Craven Buildings Strand Census ref HO107/1512/348/36

There is a Mary Perry aged 2 b Devizes shown as Niece with a William Grace 64 and Sarah Grace at the Castle Inn, New Park Street, Devizes
Census ref HO107/1839/734/7

In 1841 their is a Louisa Maslen aged 18 b Wiltshire and a James Maslen 25 with William occ Innkeeper & Sarah Grace at Newpark Street, Devizes
Census ref HO107/1189/ 2/29 / 7

I see from one of your other posts a widowed Sarah Chandler nee Maslen married a William Grace was it 23rd January 1841 St James, Southbroom, Wiltshire?

Also when did Sarah Maslen marry a?  Chandler from your other thread post?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 30 October 15 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keyboard,
Just read your second post.

Thats them !  I have put quite a few questions on over the years.  The story is like a Dicken's novel !!!

A large amount of money was left around 1810 to the earlier generations (we have all of that ) as it got to the next generations there were all sorts of bits added to the wills ( we have copies of many of those but I'm going to go to Chippenham Records Office for another look ) .

The next in line my great great grandfather left his wife ,Louisa Elizabeth Maslen Perry and daughter Mary Sarah Sissons Perry Banks, and took of to London using another inheritance ! There he became involved with Matilda Imison and had two daughters  named Emily and Alice. Later on he returns to his wife Louisa and brings the illegitimate daughters and on more than one census Matilda is there  too !!!!

When John Left his daughter Mary was with relatives in The Castle Hotel Devizes. That's another complicated relationship ! More money left in wills !!! I have this documents.

The bit I can not find is where did Louisa come from ? She always states Covent Garden and on the marriage cert that her father was George Maslen a grocer. She was born about 1821.

Recently I aquired from the Berks record office the final years of Louisa.All the money had gone and she ended up being moved from a workhouse to Chorley Mental Asylum.The record talks of her mumbling about money and that she was rich.Of course she had been but they didn't know that !
The description of her as a mad woman who would pinch others is so sad.Such a dreadful end for someone who had run her own business,paid for her daughter to attend school and owned property with her husband.   :'(

Thank you for trying to help. You have it all correct !
Miggs
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 30 October 15 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi again so do you know what happened to Sarah Maslen aged 19 b London in 1851, and who was she with in 1841?
Keyboard86

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 30 October 15 14:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keyboard. Need to check but have a feeling she was adopted by an Eyles Family and christened when she was about seven.
A lot of this my late Aunt had me searching for years ago.
I've been trying to concentrate on my Irish lot over the last months but with winter upon us am returning to the glitches I have inherited.

I'll look and let you know.It took me six months of daily work just to sort organise and file my genealogical inheritance and I still have masses to do.

On top of everything at about ninety nine she took herself in a taxi to the Chippenham Records Office and had photocopied over thirty pounds worth of documents.She wouldn't let me see in case I told my Father (her brother) He also has the documents but doesn't know where he's put them !!!!

I haven't found them yet in the material I inherited.

I do know my Dad spent £90 on his !!! So you can see why am loathe to copy them again.

Off to search.
Thanks again.  :)
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 30 October 15 14:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi there is an online tree which possibly suggests Sarah Maslen married a James John Tott 20th January 1854 Islington who died 1893 aged 60 father George but what looks like occupation Smith? and born Devizes so possibly not her?
Keyboard86

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 30 October 15 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi again keyboard,

Lucky my filling system works !

Found  Sarah Maslen Evett sister of Louisa Elizabeth muslin Perry baptised in 1843.

I have prited off from the original document at St Mary's Islington parents listed as George and Jane Evett baptized August 20th 1843 but written above born 27th October 1831. also baptised at the same time was Amelia born March 1838.

I also have a copy of the marriage record of Sarah Maslen Evett for 23rd July 1854. She gives her father as George Evett green grocer .She marries George Henry Eagleton aBaker whose father is a Dealer.One of the witnesses is Amelia Evett.
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth