Author Topic: Nant Y Rhiw, Llanrwst  (Read 9683 times)

Offline SCMP

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nant Y Rhiw, Llanrwst
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 10 January 19 15:21 GMT (UK) »
My great great grandparents were Hugh Parry Roberts and Mary Roberts. On a trip to Penmachno I found their graves and also a grave belonging to a Barbara Roberts. I remember thinking it was an unusual name for that time. I agree that the Roberts family is very difficult to trace but if anyone has any info from Hugh and Mary’s line, I would be really interested :-)

Oh wow!!!! You are the first person I have ever met tracing the Parry Roberts tree!!!!!
Honestly, I have found no other trees with their names on lol. Would be very interested to compare notes etc.
I think I have all their children and their grand children found with documentation. What was the name of your great grandparent?
I think I have some  info for Margaret, David, Mary Annie, Katie and Sarah. Not alot on them all though x
Roberts family Penmachno / Owen Ellesmere

Offline Girl Enigma

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 10 January 19 15:34 GMT (UK) »
That’s amazing! My great grandmother was Margaret Ann and my grandmother, Sarah Ann. I have very little information on Margaret as, even though she lived with my grandparents and my mum later in life, she only ever spoke Welsh so my mum has no knowledge of her life.

Offline FLAMINGO80

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 21:47 GMT (UK) »
Kate Roberts was my grandmother (born about 1889) and i think she was one of the daughters of Hugh and Mary Roberts. I have been trying to trace her family for some years now,but found out very little. All l know she lived all her life in Penmachno and is buried in the local cemetery. I would love to find more about her family.

Offline SCMP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Oh my goodness!!!

Hello!!!

I'm Samantha Great grandaughter of Barbara Roberts.
Barbara was Kate's sister!
GirlEmigma is the Grest granddaughter of Margarat Roberts, also Kate's sister.
Welsh bird is the granddaughter of my grandmothers sister.

Gosh I don't have anything at all on Kate but I have the Hugh Parry And Mary Roberts tree on Ancestry.

The Robert's family is a bit of an enigma in itself!
Hugh Parry Roberts and Mary Morris married in October 1885.
They had several children, Barbara, Kate, Margaret, David and Mary.

Hugh's parents were Owen and Barbara. The family have deep roots in the Penmachno area.

We are having a mini distant family reunion next month as Margarats descendants are coming up to visit the area. I live in North Wales.

I will pop you a message!
Thank you so so much for posting!!!

Samantha
Roberts family Penmachno / Owen Ellesmere

Offline FLAMINGO80

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 21 February 19 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Samantha, Sorry haven't had the chance to reply to your message,but will sent you a personal this evening.