Author Topic: WW1 HOME BURIALS  (Read 5198 times)

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: WW1 HOME BURIALS
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 24 February 13 13:42 GMT (UK) »
there seems to be a mix up with the cause of death,pte 15260 william porter didnt die of wounds,he died of phthisis,the same illness that killed his father at the same age,he enlisted on 1-9-1914,17th kings liverpool regt,aged 26,occupation cotton salesman,resided 2 eastfield drive,aigburth,liverpool,his mother mary,ellen remarried and became mrs mary,ellen moffitt,she later moved to "taunton",the park,hampstead,london.

williams illness wasnt caused by any kind of active service,but the doctors said it was aggravated by active service,he was that ill,they couldnt even weigh him to see how much weight he,d lost.aggravated by active service qualifies him for CWGC status

the question of residency in his burial details could be the sanatorium he was a patient in????

mack ;D

military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.

Offline ALCAVTAY

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 24 February 13 18:31 GMT (UK) »
I would have guessed Sanatorium as he died of TB but a quick query on the Liverpool & SW Lancs FHS forum has provided the information that the 1911 census shows Belfayre to be a private residence on Jubilee Road, Formby.
I suppose it could have been a small nursing home in 1916 or the house of a family member, I know we don't need to know but it's always nice to fill in details!

Good to know he's eligible, thanks for the update.  :)

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 25 February 13 14:09 GMT (UK) »
the CWGC cannot do anything about pte porters headstone,hes not commemorated by them,they can only intervine when his details have been sent to them and passed for eligibility,his pension record[on ancestry] and death cert are needed,if he qualifies,then they will either erect a CWGC headstone or add his name to the screen wall within the cemetery

mack
military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.

Offline ALCAVTAY

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 25 February 13 15:38 GMT (UK) »
I was assuming his name would go on the screen wall as there are spaces available. It's a shame nothing can be done about the existing family headstone but at least the details have been recorded so it hasn't been lost as so many others have.

Amanda