Author Topic: John Langmaid of Trenewan  (Read 10981 times)

Offline gralorn

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I Find More Brick Walls Than A Builder
    • View Profile
Re: John Langmaid of Trenewan
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 20 November 12 19:24 GMT (UK) »
That really is a shame as I was hoping for a breakthrough at last. Thanks all the same, was most appreciated.

Graham
Allard/Allwood/Alwood/ From Suffolk
Wright/Croftwright/ From London
Langmaid/ from Lanteglos By Fowey
Greig/ Banff/ Aberdeen

Offline cocksie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 05 December 12 09:09 GMT (UK) »
Graham
I have been keeping an eye on this thread as I have an interest in the Langmaid family in Lansellos/Polperro area. It is well worthwhile contacting the Polperro FHS. I did and in my letter box today (in australia) was a family tree of Langmaids (of era that was confusing me) sent by the FHS secretary and editor. All from their databases. Haven't had a chance to have a really good look ...... But there is a John langmaid bap 25 may 1795 Lanteglos, son of John langmaid and Mary Thomas. John langmaid senior (bap. 22 jul 1768, died 24 April 1838 in trewen, Lansellos) was son of Henry langmaid (bap 12 feb 1733 Lansellos) and Elizabeth soby/soady.
Are any of these johns yours?
Cocksie
Hallidays of Northowram, Roberts of Hovingham, Stampers of Kirkdale, Cocks of Mary Tavy Devon, Cocks of Redruth Cornwall, Manser of Sussex, Axel of East Sussex, Palmer of East Sussex, Hermitage of Sussex, Smale of Kent, Haddon of Devon, Cuthill of Kinross-shire, Lynn of Ireland, Seymour of Cork

Offline kelly Ann

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 11 March 17 01:23 GMT (UK) »
H Graham,
I cant confirm either the Christening of Richard 1818 but had found the other Girls.
I feel it is a possibility that Henry from the 1841 Census I posted, is a Brother of Richard 1818 or a Cousin.

Now the only thing that worries me is that on the bit of info I put earlier, which I said I would explain later, Sidney Collings is down as the Nephew of John Langmaid.
Margaretta Langmaid  (under Margaret) Married Francis COLLINGS Reg Sept 1843

If this is John, Father of Richard/Margaret it looks like he remarried also to a much younger Woman Rebecca.

I have to do a bit more research on this so back later.

Trish  :)

Hi, My ancestor is Margaretta Langmaid born may 20th 1823. She married Francis Collings and her father's name was John. They had a girl Rhoda Jane Collings who is my great great grandmother. She married william hambly who had my great grandfather Alfred Hambly, would you be talking about the same person?