Author Topic: 2 Missing Birth Records  (Read 3301 times)

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
2 Missing Birth Records
« on: Wednesday 19 September 12 16:43 BST (UK) »
I have posted this on the Dublin board, but as the regiment were in Guernsey between 1887 and 1888 its possible one of them may have been born there.

I know this is a huge ask but without anything further to go on I have no choice but to try.

Strong family history says that my Gt Grandfather Robert Caleb Kill and his wife Emma married  1879 had 2 children before she died in  1889 on Malta, have her death certificate  evidently the 2 boys drowned (not found any death record for them as yet )  while there with their mother (she was ill)  as gt, grandfather went on to India with his regiment.

The regiment  ( 2nd Battalion, the Border Regiment)  were stationed in Dublin from 1882 until 1887 so I am wondering if the 2 alleged boys may have been born there.

I do not have have any christian names but the surname Kill is quite rare, so if anyone can help I would appreciate it so much

Patrish  Smiley

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,616062.0.html

this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley