Author Topic: Loughborough library closure! Now back open again.  (Read 6268 times)

Offline Mike from Leicester

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • " THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE. SOMEWHERE"
    • View Profile
Re: Loughborough library closure!
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 22 September 12 17:44 BST (UK) »
Greeting’s. ……………………. Folks.

Joseph Wesley Born WOODHOUSE Gamekeeper to ;~

Alderman William HERRICK ESQ.
 Born Wolverhampton.

Lord of “ Beaumanor Hall “ Within the Village of WOODHOUSE.

Farming 375 Acres. of land
Employing 30 Labourers ...

MIKE. ……
Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives

Researching :-

Isle of Wight.          Oxfordshire / Warwickshire.

Cassell.                   Powers. 
Draper.                   Hirons.
Combs.                   Botts.
Stallard.                 Hall.

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 September 12 14:09 BST (UK) »
brilian mike - of course - herrick is a local name.

looked at 1851 again - think it says Gamekeeper Lord herrick Esq.

living Breakback cottage - think there is only one it could be near to the woodhouse Road, it was renovated a couple of years back - nice job too.

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline leics_ancestors

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 24 September 12 07:29 BST (UK) »
WOW! Thanks for all this information, so helpful!!! I really appreciate the effort you two have made :)
Thanks again!
Iain..

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 26 September 12 11:13 BST (UK) »
further info - good news and bad!!

Bad
baptisms Woodhouse not available (at all anywhere 1715 -1817) so I can't look up Joseph or sarah

Good
marriages available for time before Joseph was born and as Woodhouse is small I looked for a marriage for possible parents - and found 2 brothers (presumably) married 2 sisters..

so we have:

Thomas Wesley & Sarah Sutton both otp. Thomas FWK married 26/9/1786 after banns on 10/17/24th sept.
Thomas signed; sarah her mark
witnesses: Bert? Foulds & benjamin Mountaroy ( both on several marriages so think parish officials)

William Wesley & Elizabeth Sutton both otp. william stocking weaver married 26 /9/1786  details as above.

NOW - as Jospeh & Sarah named 2 children William & Eliz I suspect these are his parents but don't think you'll ever prove it??

Diddy  ;D
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 26 September 12 11:15 BST (UK) »
oh - i did look at the marriage of Joseph & Sarah - 25/9/1810 woodhouse
both signed their mark
wit: Ann Wesley & William Roddin

so Ann could be a sister?

Diddy

Offline leics_ancestors

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 26 September 12 17:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks Diddy, i don't think i will either!

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 31 March 15 14:20 BST (UK) »
Hi diddly miller
Thanks for letting me know about the libary closure again at Loughborough will be worth me going and having a look at the wood house eves stuff at the libary when back open so I can find out about Sibby cooper side to my grandad .
Steve
Iwas told that they were some thing to mums father they lived next door to them on Ashby road markfield .then he moved up to Copt oak the cottages next to the pub ,been told the Leicestershire villages is closing as well .due to not enough money so that will mean villages starting their website been concentrating on the frost side of the family here in Newtown linford but would have liked to have found out more on the Sibby cooper side I have the alpha census which gives some info but no one seems the know any thing on it for woodhouse eves yet I have it one has ever come and have a look at what I have I'm sure all I have leads to others I would love to show hat I have it does say that thier side leads to,the sketchley family
Steve

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 31 March 15 15:03 BST (UK) »
HI Steve - this thread was in 2012 so library open as usual now!!

Diddy

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Loughborough library closure! Now back open again.
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 05 March 16 01:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Diddy
Steve
I found a big connection to Hugglescote not with looking on the here or the net I was going through my bag .with my work in I hadn't took much notice of what I had found until the other night James cooper 1873 had married a Emily Marlowe on the census she said she came from medbourne ,but I found in shaw lane Markfield they had a son Alfred and a dau Mary emma cooper now she married a John Edward Stanifourth Hugglescote Donington le Heath .now we're the stanifourthes were living my dads fathers sister was just round the corner from them Charlotte woolman,there's the corner pin and round the corner more houses and a river that runs under a bridge and a green going up to the Manor House and just round from there was grandads parents that you found ,so now have all three in one village .any way one of John stanifourthes siblings married a Elizabeth quilter frank stanifourthif you can find Elizabeth that would be great to find out about the quilter family and who they married into their marriage was about 1909 .
Steve