Author Topic: Glasgow City Poorhouse records  (Read 6139 times)

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Glasgow City Poorhouse records
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 27 September 12 08:58 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out info. re. the death of Hope Ruth Routledge in the City Poorhouse.She was six months old when she died there in July 1891.
Is there anyway to know if she had been abandoned,or whether the rest of her family were also"inmates" at the time. Her mother was named Margaret, father John and sister Elizabeth Louise aged five.

Contact the Mitchell Library and ask them if they have any record of her in the Parochial Board archives. See
http://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/libraries/the-mitchell-library/family-history/resources/poor-law-archives/Pages/home.aspx
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Campbellmorag

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 August 20 16:42 BST (UK) »
Regarding Margaret McLean RoutLedge Williamson, that was my great grandmother.  When she married Andrew, she was a widow, but on her marriage certificate she said spinster.  Her son John, which says illegitimate on Birth certificate born after John died.  Maggie’s ancestors came from Cawdor.  I have all the info about them all.  I am interested in finding out about my grandad, Andrew, her son as I don’t have much info about him.  He left my mum and gran when my mum was around 3 or 4.  Can’t seem to find anything on him,  any info would help.  Thanks.  Morag.

Offline Campbellmorag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 August 20 16:53 BST (UK) »
Did Margaret McLean RoutLedge Williamson have more than one child with John RoutLedge.  I only have John McLean born 1893.  I also have the 1891 census for her as well.

Thanks

Morag

Offline Campbellmorag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 21 August 20 14:52 BST (UK) »
Maggie McLean was my great grandmother and I can give you all the information after she remarried again in 1895.

Morag

Offline KitCarson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 21 August 20 17:01 BST (UK) »
Hello Morag and welcome to RootsChat.  It looks as if Mary (mmclm) hasn't been online since 2012.  However, you may get lucky as she should receive an email notification.  There are lots of helpful people on this Forum who may be able to assist your research.

Good luck, Kit
Rimmer/Appleton/Ashcroft: St Helens, Lancs // Cul(le)y:St Helens & Little Bolton // Stott: Huyton Quarry & Sutton, Lancs
Carson:Belfast? & St Helens // Kelly:Mullingar, West Meath? & St Helens // Ronan: Ferns, Wexford & St Helens // Daley:Oranmore & Athenry, Co Galway //
Cunningham: Heworth, Gateshead & Widnes & St Helens, originating Ireland
Edgar: Bellie, Moray // Anderson: Selkirk // Rutherford: Hobkirk, Roxburghshire //
Stewart: Angus // Watson: Moray & Jamaica // Watt: Cairnie

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 21 August 20 18:45 BST (UK) »
What information do you have on your Grandad, Andrew?

Offline Campbellmorag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 21 August 20 19:11 BST (UK) »
Are you talking about my great grandad who married Maggie or his son.  I have everything on both, Andrews,  my grandad left my mum and gran around around 1935, I think.  I believe he used to work in England, but would like to know anything about him, even if it is a death certificate, then I can research from there.  I’m thinking he’s had another family somewhere, but they never divorced, so I reckon I’m in for a few surprises.

Maggie died in 1915 and had 3 children to Andrew who died in 1942 from a head injury.  If you have any more questions about him or his children, who also have a colourful life, just let me know.  If you have anything on Andrew, son, would appreciate it, thanks.

Bye for now.

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 21 August 20 20:40 BST (UK) »
  I am interested in finding out about my grandad, Andrew, her son as I don’t have much info about him.  He left my mum and gran when my mum was around 3 or 4.  Can’t seem to find anything on him,  any info would help.  Thanks.  Morag.

What info do you have on him?

Offline Campbellmorag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 21 August 20 21:10 BST (UK) »
Only have until 1932, do you have any more information on Andrew