Author Topic: Robert Hamilton  (Read 6733 times)

Offline trisholdham

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Hamilton
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 23 December 12 06:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Heather,
I have got in touch with Robert Hamilton by phone as he is at present in Sydney but will be back after the Xmas holidays to Reedy Creek Qld, he is one of our genealogy members that I am helping with his ancestors. He is delighted with your message, and will get in contact as soon as he gets back.
Happy Xmas
Trish Oldham

Offline HeatherCook

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 23 December 12 12:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trish,
Thanks so much for helping to put us in touch after the holidays,
Merry Christmas to you too,
Regards Heather

Offline trisholdham

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 07 January 13 23:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Heather,
Robert Hamilton is now back from Sydney and is trying to get an email organized but for now I said you can use my email to correspond, so can you answer me on my email at -
I can scan and send things accross to you from him, and you can send things to me and I will print them out for Robert, he is very happy about all this.
Bye for now
Trish

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Muldog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 01 June 16 08:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Bit late but but my mothers father was Robert Hamilton and I have a copy of his 1910 Certificate which states he married Mary Taylor on the 14 Oct 1910 in the Parish of Dollar in the County of Clackmannan and they had 3 children Elizabeth, May & Margaret. Elizabeth (My Mother) was born on a ship of Tasmania. Robert died in 1963 at Toorak Victoria Australia.
Muldoon or Muldoone (Ireland) and Hamilton (Ireland)

Offline Muldog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 02 June 16 02:48 BST (UK) »
Heather Hi
Thanks for the information re Robert I did not know there where two Robert's Hamilton. here's a bit of info you may or may not know when it comes to the children's marriages Elizabeth & John Oliver Muldoon, May & Jack Ward and Margaret was married to Harold Murray & Geoffrey Healey.
Muldoon or Muldoone (Ireland) and Hamilton (Ireland)

Offline jahjahau

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 20 September 20 09:07 BST (UK) »

My gggrandmother, Mary Jane HAMILTON came from Ballysheilmore, near Tandragee to Australia in 1863, with her husband J T HALL.  Their granddaughter  told me that 7 cousins of J T's came to NSW.  It wasn't said if they were HALLs or HAMILTONs.  My HALLs came from Corlust, a neighbouring townland of Ballysheilmore and close to Tandragee and Clare. There were HAMILTONS there also.  I haven't yet managed to connect all the HAMILTONs around that area.  Perhaps we have a connection to Robert Hamilton.  All I know for certain about Mary Jane is that her father was William HAMILTON.     

Offline HeatherCook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Jane Hamilton
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 20 September 20 09:54 BST (UK) »
Hi, the 2 Hamilton families of Ballyshielmore who are connections to our families are George Hamilton who married Margaret Redpath 1831 and James Hamilton (possible relation of George unknown at the present time) married Sarah Redpath 1859.  Sarah was a niece of Margaret Redpath.  Various members of our family have had their DNA tested with Ancestry.  If you've had the test too send me your test name so we can see if there is a match :) Kind regards Heather Cook

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Jane Hamilton
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 20 September 20 10:09 BST (UK) »
Hi, the 2 Hamilton families of Ballyshielmore who are connections to our families are George Hamilton who married Margaret Redpath 1831 and James Hamilton (possible relation of George unknown at the present time) married Sarah Redpath 1859.  Sarah was a niece of Margaret Redpath.  Various members of our family have had their DNA tested with Ancestry.  If you've had the test too send me your test name so we can see if there is a match :) Kind regards Heather Cook

Just adding the marriage for reference-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1859/09563/5467360.pdf
Fathers William Hamilton, a farmer and Thomas Redpath, also a farmer.

In the 1901 census.
Residents of a house 26 in Ballysheilmore (Ballysheil, Armagh)
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Armagh/Ballysheil/Ballysheilmore/1020055/

Ballysheil More townland
https://www.townlands.ie/armagh/orior-lower/ballymore/ballysheil-more/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 20 September 20 10:20 BST (UK) »

My gggrandmother, Mary Jane HAMILTON came from Ballysheilmore, near Tandragee to Australia in 1863, with her husband J T HALL.       

Marriage of John Thomas Hall and Mary Jane Hamilton in 1858. Both came from the civil parish of Ballymore... her father was William Hamilton, farmer.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1858/09544/5459953.pdf
https://www.townlands.ie/armagh/ballymore/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo