Author Topic: Robert Hamilton  (Read 6720 times)

Offline jahjahau

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Hamilton
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 20 September 20 11:43 BST (UK) »
Yes, I have the marriage certificate, thanks.

Offline jahjahau

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 20 September 20 12:27 BST (UK) »
Heather, I just got out my HAMILTON research and I have the possibility of Wm HAMILTON who may have married Sarah ? being the father of:
- ??? with child John HAMILTON b 1850
- my Mary Jane HAMILTON b abt 1833 living in B'sheilmore when she marr. J T HALL in 1858 in Clare Pres Church, Tandragee
- Wm HAMILTON b abt 1835 - in 1901 he was in Ballysheil & unmarried
- James HAMILTON abt 1838 marr Sarah REDPATH 1901 they were in Ballysheilmore and were Presb.  My John Thomas HALL was a witness at the wedding  along with Thomas ALEXANDER, who was John Thomas' witness in 1858. 
-George abt 1841 marr Agnes
-? marr. Ann with a child Bella
As I said this was just trying to match up some of the names in the area.  Let me know your thoughts on these 6 being children of William HAMILTON.  I haven't looked at it for a long while.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 20 September 20 12:36 BST (UK) »
Yes, I have the marriage certificate, thanks.

Ahh, but others haven't seen it on the thread!
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline HeatherCook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Jane Hamilton
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 20 September 20 23:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Kiltaglassan & jahjahau, Thanks for the info.  Yes our James & Sarah Hamilton are the ones you have both indicated.  They are buried at the Clare Presbyterian Church and have a large headstone and some of their family are buried with them.  jahjahau I think that you're probably correct about our James Hamilton being a brother to your Mary Jane.  Sarah Redpath is a 3rd great grand aunt of my husband being a sister to his 3rd great grandmother Elizabeth Redpath.  The connection to my husband is through the Redpath family.  Robert Hamilton mentioned in the original post is a great grandson of James Hamilton & Sarah Ann Redpath. Thanks again Kind regards Heather

Offline jahjahau

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 21 September 20 06:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks Heather.  I have been researching for nearly 40 years and my Irish lines have not gone very far at all until this week. I think I sorted the HALLs out through one U.S. document I found online and now the HAMILTON line may have sprouted a little twig. 

Offline HeatherCook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 08 October 20 23:36 BST (UK) »
Hi, somehow your email to me has disappeared.  One of our group would like to contact you so can you please send me another email so that I can put you in contact Kind regards Heather