Author Topic: Robert Hamilton  (Read 6708 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Hamilton
« Reply #9 on: Monday 24 September 12 09:18 BST (UK) »
Banbridge is the name of the registration district which covers the townland of Ballysheil More. Banbridge is also the name of a town (between Banbridge and Newry).

To find details of townlands, parishes, etc. see www.thecore.com/seanruad. The site lists the PLU (Poor Law Union) for each place- this will also be the name of the registration district.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline trisholdham

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 24 September 12 10:43 BST (UK) »
thanks for the information, but it does not give me names of people born in Tanderagee?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 24 September 12 11:26 BST (UK) »
thanks for the information, but it does not give me names of people born in Tanderagee?

You asked in your previous post "...Banbridge district, where is that ?" so I explained where Banbridge (town) i and how to find more details on the registration district.

The online civil registration index for Ireland (www.familysearch.org) covers births from 1864 to 1921 for Northern Ireland counties.
The same site also has some extracted birth records (1864-c1881) which gives names of parents and the place listed is usually the registration district (although isn't terribly clear on the site) but is not complete.

Offline trisholdham

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 24 September 12 11:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks again, I have just found the film to order for both Robert Hamilton of  Banbridge 1882 and Robert John Scott Hamilton b. 1881 Banbridge.
Thanks a million for all you have given me.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 24 September 12 11:36 BST (UK) »
There's also a death registration- which may be the Robert John Scott Hamilton born 1881:

Robert Hamilton, age 1, Apr./June 1882 Banbridge reg. dist., volume 1 page 149   

Offline trisholdham

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 24 September 12 23:51 BST (UK) »
That death ties up well as I was banking more on the other Robert Hamilton, will now send off for the Film from the Latter Day saints in America.
Thanks again
Trish
NSW Australia

Offline ansimi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 25 September 12 00:24 BST (UK) »
If FHL has that film then that can be best because there might be other records on the film that will interest you and you'll be sure to see everything.

Alternatively, http://www.rootsireland.ie/ might have transcribed that birth registration. The advantage of that is that you can purchase it and view it right away. They sometimes don't transcribe all the details but they get the date, parents' names, and townland.

Also see this rootschat thread about ordering research certificates:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,599538.0.html

I find that the most efficient way to go when I want several registrations at once.

Offline trisholdham

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 25 September 12 00:42 BST (UK) »
I'll go with the film, Rootsireland did not have my Robert.
Many thanks
Trish

Offline HeatherCook

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 23 December 12 01:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trish,
My husband is related through the Redpaths to the family of James Hamilton and Sarah Redpath.  This Hamilton family is mentioned in our family's letters sent to Australia during 1880s.  I would be very interested in finding out about Robert and his descendants who also came to Australia and tell you of Robert's great great aunt who settled in Victoria in the 1850s
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Heather