Author Topic: nickgc's Scavenger Hunt...Everyone Welcome To Join In  (Read 18449 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: nickgc's Scavenger Hunt...Everyone Welcome To Join In
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday 02 October 12 01:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Nick,

I am sending you a PM with my email address so that I can forward to you some images I have just received re  CHISHOLM=CAMERON,  5 July 1855, and also baptisms at St Saviours, for children of William Alexander CHISHOLM from the late 1850s and early 1860s.

I am attaching a snippet from that 5 July 1855 parish register showing the bride’s signature.  It could well read Mary, and it could also just as  well read  Marg, noticing William abbreviated his first name to Wm.

I am very appreciative of several Aussie based RChatters  ‘helpers’ who have sent me PMs and one in particular who found the archived images for me. 

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline nickgc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • GGF J. James McLellan 1864-1908
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday 02 October 12 01:25 BST (UK) »
That's great JM.   Thank you!  It is good to know that they had additional children.  Perhaps I will be able to track them to some degree.  Looking forward to seeing what your contacts found.

Nick
McLellan - Inverness
Greer - Renfrewshire
Manson - Aberdeen & Orkney
Simpson - Hereford, Devon, etc.
Flett - Orkney
Chisholm - Scotland
Wishart - Orkney
Shand - Aberdeen
Pirie - Aberdeen

-----
Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn't there.   -Robert Heinlein

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday 02 October 12 01:44 BST (UK) »
Images sent

The PM system is fantastic for sharing email addresses

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday 16 October 12 10:28 BST (UK) »

It's time for another Scavenger Hunt and Chithead is hoping you can help with this.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,619849.0.html

Good Luck and Good Hunting

Barbara

As usual, this Hunt will remain open for any further information which may come in.

Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday 16 October 12 12:22 BST (UK) »
Errrr .....  Another fantastic RChatter has sent me some MORE images....

Nickgc, please send me your email address again so I can forward these on too...   (I should remember NOT to delete PMs, and of course I delete emails from my Inbox and my Sent box too ....  ::) )
Cheers,  JM