Author Topic: Temple family of Yorkshire  (Read 4423 times)

Offline joker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Temple family of Yorkshire
« on: Sunday 30 September 12 04:10 BST (UK) »
I have two marriages with bare minimum info:
(1)  Fleetwood Carol Rogers m. Joseph Temple Feb 17, 1834 Ebberston, Yorks.
   (her parents likely are Richard Rogers(Rodgers) & Rachel Dixon, and his parents are unknown---who are they?). 

(2)  Their daughter Mary Temple married William Atkinson  2nd quarter 1865, Scarborough Dist. N. Riding   #9d530... (actual date?)
    Been told by one researcher that she is Mary ANN Temple and he is William KING Atkinson (can't find out who is parents are yet).  However, several researchers on Ancestry are SURE that Mary's name is  "Mary NEWBY Temple" but I have found no documented proof of that either.

Can anyone help?  Sure would appreciate this.
Thank you so much.
Joker.
CARNALL of Derbyshire & Leicester; WARD & ADAMS of Buckinghamshire; MELLOR of Leicester; DUNLOP, ROBINSON, McCOY of Northern Ireland; PRATT, CHAMBERS, VANES and CARNAHAN of Ireland...and New Zealand.

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Temple family of Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 September 12 06:20 BST (UK) »
On FreeBMD
marriages. On same page Dec 1/4 1864 Scarborough Mary Newby Temple. Groom either John Botham or Edward Potter.
So Mary Newby Temple is not your ancestor

June 1/4 1865 Scarborough On same page Mary Temple and William Atkinson. No middle names recorded for either of them. They could have added them later.

None of the censuses or death reg record the name Carol.

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 September 12 06:46 BST (UK) »
From familysearch.org

Groom Joseph Temple

bride's name  Fleetwood Roger

marriage 17 Feb 1834
Ebberston,York,England

same couple with different marriage date and this record has their ages But still no parents names

Joseph Temple
groom's birth date - 1810, groom's age -24
bride - Fleetwood Roger
bride's birth date 1813, bride's age 21
married 11 Feb 1834
Ebberston, York, England

Offline joker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 30 September 12 15:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks Chrisane...Don't know people get all this information (i.e. Mary's middle name being Newby....do they just pick it out of a hat, or guess? lol).  I like to prove things. 
I use Family Search as a start, but a lot of it is only as good as the person entering the data.   At least it is still Feb 1834 or Joseph & Fleetwood.

Thanks for your input.  Joker
CARNALL of Derbyshire & Leicester; WARD & ADAMS of Buckinghamshire; MELLOR of Leicester; DUNLOP, ROBINSON, McCOY of Northern Ireland; PRATT, CHAMBERS, VANES and CARNAHAN of Ireland...and New Zealand.

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 30 September 12 22:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Joker
the familysearch references I have given have their film and batch numbers so can be relied on.

Still can't find any evidence of  Joseph's parents.

Offline joker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 30 September 12 23:58 BST (UK) »
\Thanks Chrisane. Did you see anything about William Atkinson's parents when you looked at his marriage to Mary Temple?  The 1871 Census shows him born Falsgrave Yk. then 1881 and 1891 it says Seamer is place of birth.  Looking them up, they seem to be very close.  .  I will try looking to see if he remarried as baby Charley is only 9 months when Mary died in 1890....someone had to help him ....his daughter Jane Ann 25 is helping on 1891 Census, but after?  I will try and sort them out. Joker

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 01 October 12 05:24 BST (UK) »
I got the marriage off FreeBMD so only the details for ordering the certificate are available.
I found Henrietta in 1901 saying born Seamer RG13/435/76/1
I can't find young Charley or his Dad as yet.

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 01 October 12 05:32 BST (UK) »
1901 RG13/4535/106/2
1 Derwent Cottage West Ayton
William Atkinson  lab on farm ordinary, widower, 56 born Seamer
Charles Atkinson 10 west Ayton

Offline joker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 01 October 12 21:05 BST (UK) »
Strange, I just found this census report on Family Search, but have been thru 1901 on Ancestry and cannot find it.  Anyways, Thank you so much for your help.   Found William on 1911 living with daughter Mary Scott in Scarborough too.  At least we know he was still alive in 1911. 

Joker