Author Topic: Henry Roland BLACKWELL b. Winton, Queensland  (Read 6731 times)

Offline nesstaylor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Roland BLACKWELL b. Winton, Queensland
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 30 September 12 05:51 BST (UK) »
My enquiry is in regards to Henry Roland BLACKWELL's parents.  He has passed away because my partner went to his funeral!
Taylor, Grehan, Fuller, Blackwell

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 30 September 12 05:56 BST (UK) »
Well found Cando.

Perhaps the OP could contact the Crematorium and ask for the name of the funeral director/s arranging those two services.   Then perhaps the OP could contact the funeral director/s and ask for their own details to be passed onto the family member who made the arrangements.  That family member could then decide what information (if any) they wished to share with the OP.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline nesstaylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 30 September 12 05:57 BST (UK) »
The family does not have anymore info that what I have given you.  Due to Henry Roland's remarriage etc.  the direct children of Henry Roland did not get a death certificate.  Also when we asked Henry Roland about family info when he was alive, he replied with - the family tree starts with me.  That is why we do not have much information in regards to his birth and going further back into his family history.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 30 September 12 05:59 BST (UK) »
Yes and I have posted details of his cremation record at Springvale Botanical Cemetery.

Reply#8
They were both cremated
http://www.deceasedsearch.com/page-o7154553-en.html
http://www.deceasedsearch.com/page-o7299082-en.html
Cando

In Victoria death records are restricted from public access for 10 years.  His parents details should be on his death certificate.  
http://www.rootschat.com/links/08jt/

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 30 September 12 06:01 BST (UK) »
the direct children of Henry Roland did not get a death certificate.   .

If they were named on the dc, then they were eligible to apply for the dc even in the first ten years .   I notice that more than ten years have expired since the cremation.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline nesstaylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 30 September 12 06:07 BST (UK) »
thanks JM for the suggestion.  But under the circumstances and the family disconnection with each other this path is not possible.  He made his own funeral arrangements, also my partner is not happy with going down this line as Henry was pretty much forgotten about after he died by this second wife/family!  I wouldn't be surprised if they threw out all the info.

Offline nesstaylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 30 September 12 06:11 BST (UK) »
ty for the info in regards to death certificate.  However after all the mess that went on when Henry passed, I don't think my partner's father would care about getting a death certificate.  We are pretty much left on our own to find this info out.  We are trying to find out the Blackwell family as I have a Great Grandmother who is a Blackwell and we are wondering if my partner and my Blackwells are connected.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 30 September 12 06:14 BST (UK) »
thanks JM for the suggestion.  But under the circumstances and the family disconnection with each other this path is not possible.  He made his own funeral arrangements, also my partner is not happy with going down this line as Henry was pretty much forgotten about after he died by this second wife/family!  I wouldn't be surprised if they threw out all the info.

Cando kindly pointed out and provided you with a live link showing that any member of the public is entitled to access Vic dcs for deaths registered more than ten years ago.    If you want to find the information as to his parentage, my own view is to start with the dc and verify the information found on it.   Afterall, there is no public access to the Qld BDM records that could assist your quest.

Cheers,  JM

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 30 September 12 06:18 BST (UK) »
The informant would have been asked for Henry details when he died and surely information about his parents available from his 2nd marriage certificate would have been furnished.

Henry was born 27 May 1921 at Winton.  There may be more information in his WW2 service file.

Speculative research.....

Australian Electoral Roll
BLACKWELL Elizabeth Georgina  Mistake Creek  Housewife
BLACKWELL Leslie Roland  Mistake Creek  Well borer

Marriage
1917/C1072
BLACKWELL   Leslie Roland   
WESTON   Elizabeth Georgina

This could be Leslie's birth
9877/1896
BLACKWELL Leslie R
Father William J  Mother Ida L