Author Topic: Identify 1960's Singer Please  (Read 23194 times)

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Identify 1960's Singer Please
« Reply #126 on: Friday 23 April 21 12:12 BST (UK) »
This is Marianne Faithful - seems right age, occupation and location but who knows ...

I can't see any resemblance at all. The mystery lady has different shaped eyes, a longer nose, a wider mouth with lips not so full.

I still think the style of dress is closer to 50s.  If this was taken in the 1960s, it was early in the decade.
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Friday 23 April 21 12:35 BST (UK) »
I agree with Sloe Gin...the hairstyles of the 60s was very different, the look reminds me of Audrey Hepburn in 1950s.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline ~buttons~

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Friday 23 April 21 13:46 BST (UK) »
Marianne Faithfull always had long hair.  She still has even now.  Also she wasn't born until 1946, so was only 14 in 1960.  She used to hang around with The Rolling Stones andshe released a record in 1964 that made her more famous.  That and the drug busts with the Stones I suppose.

I don't recall what date the OP's picture was but do recall Marianne Faithful having very short hair in the early years - checked the web and there's dozens of pic's of her with that "urchin look" or just very short hair.

Offline patval

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Friday 23 April 21 15:06 BST (UK) »
I colourised the photograph on My Heritage, does this help anyone

There have been some great suggestions to date. x
Names: Warden, McDonald, Muirison, Kirk, Valentine, Forbes. also Kift (Braunton in Devon)

Areas: Scotland - Edinburgh, Dundee, Moulin, Dunkeld, Alyth, Invernes, Dornoch, Findhorn, Wick, Peterhead, Aberdeen and Turriff. Also for Valentine and Forbes.. Stonehaven, Fettercairn, St Vigeans and Girvan.

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Friday 23 April 21 16:01 BST (UK) »
Ok, there are a few photos of Marianne Faithfull with short hair, but mainly she has long hair.  Here's a photo of her with short hair.  It's definitely not the girl in the original photograph.  As I said before, Marianne Faithful was born in 1946, so was only 14 in 1960 and only 19 in 1965 and I thought the OP said the photo was taken early 1960s.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Friday 23 April 21 18:08 BST (UK) »
What a nice job you have done patval on the photo  :)

For me, I think it is likely Marion Ryan. Found a photo of Marion Ryan with a more comparable angle of her face when close up to the image we have. I see very strong similarities in particular with the line of the eyebrows, eyes and width of nose.

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Friday 23 April 21 19:16 BST (UK) »

Offline Sandblown

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Friday 23 April 21 21:31 BST (UK) »
Is She wearing the same earrings, in the coloured photograph, and the one above ?
Kirkham, Garlick, Worthington, Shaw, Bamber. Fylde Coast
Naylor/Nailor, Lyons, Wilkinson. Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire
Redfern. Cheshire/Derbyshire
LeFebvere, Lincolnshire

Offline Colin Cruddace

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for GG Grandad... Must have GSH
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Friday 23 April 21 22:21 BST (UK) »
Fascinating thread and I can offer a new name, at least, I don't think she's been mentioned.
Can't remember much about her but she burst into fame about that time and, I think, faded just as quickly. I'll leave it to the experienced searchers to try and find her. She was called Sabrina.

Colin