Author Topic: Birth of disabled child  (Read 12444 times)

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of disabled child
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 25 April 21 22:08 BST (UK) »
Have these sisters been identified on the 1939 Register? I'm thinking to at least rule out that he's still with them at that point.

Offline antonymark

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 26 April 21 00:21 BST (UK) »
Gov.UK find a will probate site has this:

Jones, Julie Marie of 20 Peak Hill Gardens Sydenham Kent, Widow died 8 March 1928. Probate London 29 Mar to Julia Marie Jones and Louisa Victorine Jones spinsters. Effects £355 9s 6d.
https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/Calendar?surname=Jones&yearOfDeath=1928&page=28#calendar
A copy of the will can be bought to download. Well worth £1.50 if grandson gets a mention.

Louisa Victorine and Julia Maria are together at that address in 1939 with no one else present.

Possible death for Edwina Louise 1920 Camberwell ?

Not seeing marriage/death/1939 for Anita Charlotte. Is she the one in France?

Tony.
Hoare, Milsted, Peacock, Herbert, Crampin, McIlroy, Holden, Hilton, Fawcett.

Offline annel80

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 26 April 21 10:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks Tony. I have all that info already. I should have told you. I even have Julie Marie’s original will , written in 1921, three years before I know of the grandsons existence. There is no mention of him anyway, but would he have been mentioned if they were trying to keep it quiet ? She died in 1928, but obv didn’t change the will.

If I need to purchase a will , where do I do that ? The ones I possess have come down through the family

Edwina Louise was another sister, yes. Anita came over to England to marry her French husband , we assume only because her parents were here.
Jones in Lewisham, West Ham , Kent and Tonnay Charente France
Belgeul / Bellegoeul (many spellings) in St Aubin and Sainte Josse Pas de Calais and Paris France

Offline antonymark

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 26 April 21 14:30 BST (UK) »

If I need to purchase a will , where do I do that ? The ones I possess have come down through the family

Hi there,

If you head to the Probate site here:

https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate

You can search using name and year of death to find the entry you are interested in. This often has useful info like exact date of death, last home address and names of executors.

To order a copy of the full probate you need to be registered with an e-mail address and password and logged in. You can then order using the form on right side of the page and proceed to checkout.

It takes about a week and they send an e-mail to say it is ready to view and download to keep. (Like ordering a pdf of a birth or death from GRO)

Best of all it is only £1.50 per will. This was recently reduced from £10. Bargain!

Tony.
Hoare, Milsted, Peacock, Herbert, Crampin, McIlroy, Holden, Hilton, Fawcett.

Offline annel80

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 26 April 21 17:00 BST (UK) »
Thx very useful
Belgeul / Bellegoeul (many spellings) in St Aubin and Sainte Josse Pas de Calais and Paris France

Offline annel80

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 19 July 21 10:54 BST (UK) »
Now looking in another cemetery. New Kirkpatrick cemetery Glasgow. Anyone know where section b is located ?

Offline annel80

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 21 November 21 20:15 GMT (UK) »
An update on this very old thread. I now know that the child WAS born and was a boy. He was alive in 1924 and was by then old enough to be away from his mother. I know this because I have found a postcard his mother sent back from France  to her sisters In England saying give my boy a hug ! I still have no other info ! It’s driving me crazy ! Maybe the 1921 census may throw some light on him