Author Topic: BOXALL (and variants), All  (Read 43715 times)

Offline tsumigirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BOXALL (and variant) World Wide
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 November 04 13:26 GMT (UK) »
i have her marriage certificate 2 sep 1897 and from that i went back to her parents ,william charles boxhall born 1838 marrying caroline ealy 1864 but cant find a connection before then i do believe there was a name change of sorts somewere along the line but no more ,best wishes anne
Beatham,Davey,Fearance,Housby,Sillery,Thomas,Williams,West,  Cardiff,Swansea,Wrexham,Anglesey,Liverpool.

Offline bernardhagan

• I am sorry but my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 December 04 18:07 GMT (UK) »
G'day

I am researching my great great grandmother's family.  She was Mary BOXEL [born c 1782 in Ham, Gloucestershire, married in Skenfrith, Monmouthshire in 1808 to William BROWN of LLangattock Lingoed and died April 1863 in Grosmont, Monmouthshire].

There are Gloucestershire BOXALLs listed in the IGI as coming from the Awre/Blakeney area which is not far from Ham on the other side of the River Severn.

If anyone has some information on any Gloucestershire BOXEL/BOXELL/BOXALL families I would appreciate their getting in touch.
Semt message on Fb
Tyrone:  HAGAN, O'HAGAN, McWILLIAMS, CAMPBELL, GILMORE, McCRACKEN, REID
Armagh:  McIVOR, McKEEVER, KANE
Fermanagh:  ELLIOTT
Monmouthshire:  BROWN[E], BOXEL, WATKINS, PRI[T]CHARD
Herefordshire:  BROWN, GRIFFITHS, JONES, COOK[E]
Gloucestershire:  BOXEL, BOXWELL, COLE, WEBB, BROWN
Cornwall:  MOYLE, KENDALL, TREWEEK, TREGONNING, WILLIAMS, MAY, VISICK

Offline ronniem

• RootsChat Extra
  • BOXALL Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 December 04 02:30 GMT (UK) »
G'day

I am researching my great great grandmother's family.  She was Mary BOXEL [born c 1782 in Ham, Gloucestershire, married in Skenfrith, Monmouthshire in 1808 to William BROWN of LLangattock Lingoed and died April 1863 in Grosmont, Monmouthshire].

Hi,
Although I do have Gloucestershire BOXWELL's [BOXEL's] in my database I must be honest with you and say I haven't worked on that area.  I checked for your Mary but do not have any baptisms for Ham listed and no other likely candidate.

We believe that the BOXWELL's from GLS are a completely seperate origin to the West Sussex, Surrey and East Hampshire BOXALL's. 

Kindest regards
Ronnie
BOXALL One Name Study
I'm also researching my own line.
CARPENTER (Petersfield, Hampshire)
PITTS;  RICHARDS;  TARGETT; LANE; FALLA;

Offline bernardhagan

• I am sorry but my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 06 December 04 03:20 GMT (UK) »
Ronnie

Thanks for your quick response. 

Should I be looking for BOXWELL as well as the other variations?  Is their much research information on this surname [BOXWELL]? 

I have stumbled across a Gloucestershire town of that name which I will check out when I have exhausted the obvious online databases.

I am trying to find access to an online researcher/database that will confirm my Mary's birth in Ham [or nearby Berkeley] which I got from a hard to discipher, handwritten, 1851 census page.  It gave her age as 69 which, if accurate, makes her birth date c1782.

I'm happy to see there are other researchers studying this family name even though not in this location.  Do you know of any who are?

Regards

Bernard
Semt message on Fb
Tyrone:  HAGAN, O'HAGAN, McWILLIAMS, CAMPBELL, GILMORE, McCRACKEN, REID
Armagh:  McIVOR, McKEEVER, KANE
Fermanagh:  ELLIOTT
Monmouthshire:  BROWN[E], BOXEL, WATKINS, PRI[T]CHARD
Herefordshire:  BROWN, GRIFFITHS, JONES, COOK[E]
Gloucestershire:  BOXEL, BOXWELL, COLE, WEBB, BROWN
Cornwall:  MOYLE, KENDALL, TREWEEK, TREGONNING, WILLIAMS, MAY, VISICK

Offline ronniem

• RootsChat Extra
  • BOXALL Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 06 December 04 04:36 GMT (UK) »
Ronnie

Thanks for your quick response. 

Should I be looking for BOXWELL as well as the other variations?  Is their much research information on this surname [BOXWELL]? 

I have stumbled across a Gloucestershire town of that name which I will check out when I have exhausted the obvious online databases.

Hi Bernard,
There is a group in USA who have been working on the BOXWELL line from Gloucestershire.  They have a mail list on Rootsweb also a Message Board on Rootsweb.  I do follow this line but have just not worked on it.  I would suggest that you do look at the BOXWELL spelling.  I believe this name originates in the town you mention or the town is named after early BOXWELLs.  Let me know if I can assist you further.
Kindest regards
Ronnie
BOXALL One Name Study

Offline jucwal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BOXALL (and variants), All
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 06 January 05 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Our tree includes Boxell from Brighton but unfortunately we have no information about them. We are looking for ancestors of Eliza Boxell born about March 1876 in the Brighton area and believed to be the daughter of David ( bc 1849 Brighton) and Eliza Boxell (bc 1851 London). Is she included in your study? We would be interested in information about any Sussex Boxells.

Offline ronniem

• RootsChat Extra
  • BOXALL Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 06 January 05 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Our tree includes Boxell from Brighton but unfortunately we have no information about them. We are looking for ancestors of Eliza Boxell born about March 1876 in the Brighton area and believed to be the daughter of David ( bc 1849 Brighton) and Eliza Boxell (bc 1851 London). Is she included in your study? We would be interested in information about any Sussex Boxells.

Yes I do have this family in my files.
Eliza BOXELL b 11 Dec 1875; bpt 18 Sep 1881 St Peter's Brighton; d/o David BOXELL and Eliza HAMMOND; besides Eliza they had four boys:
Thomas b 19 Aug 1871
David Henry b 7 Oct 1873
George bc 1877
John bc 1879
all the children were baptized at the same time 18 Sep 1881.
Although at this time I don't have anymore on these children I do have more on the David. 
David bpt 28 Jan 1849 St Nicholas, Brighton. m. 24 Jul 1870
David's parents: David BOXELL and Eliza WOOLLEY

Can you tell me how Eliza BOXELL connects to your line.

Kindest regards
Ronnie

BOXALL One Name Study

Offline yb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 13 March 05 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ronnie,
Do you perhaps have any information about Boxalls that immigrated from England to Southern Africa around the late 1800's ?

Thanks yb

Offline ronniem

• RootsChat Extra
  • BOXALL Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 13 March 05 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ronnie,
Do you perhaps have any information about Boxalls that immigrated from England to Southern Africa around the late 1800's ?

Thanks yb

Dear yb,

I have tried to find details of the BOXALLs in South Africa but so far have had very little success.  If you have details of your BOXALLs and have BMDs that relate back to England then I could probably help.  I would really like to get a handle on the South Africa BOXALLs.  Please let me know what you have and what you need to know and I will see if I can help.  I have one entry for Gladstone, South Africa in my database but I'm afraid that is all for now.

Kindest regards
Ronnie
BOXALL One Name Study