Author Topic: Marriage & Death Look Up for Jane Stamp Mercer County Pennsylvania  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Cavanaghs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage & Death Look Up for Jane Stamp Mercer County Pennsylvania
« on: Monday 08 October 12 13:54 BST (UK) »
I know my ancestor Jane Stamp, spinster, born c Aug 1844 in Horton, Northumberland, England emigrated to the USA  in 1868. According to her obituary published in a Northumberland newspaper on 9 July 1871 she died in "Sharon, US America, 31st May last, aged 27, Jane, the beloved wife of Mr James Pringle, and daughter of Mr Robert Stamp, late of Cowpen North Pit, much respected by all who knew her."

This most likely refers to the Sharon in Mercer County, Pennsylvania but is not 100% certain.

I am looking for details of her marriage to James Pringle and any death or burial records.

Is her death referred to in a newspaper in the Sharon area?

Any help or leads would  be gratefully received!

GEDMatch Kit no. CE7119959

Maternal: Thirlwell, Dobbins, Stamp, Rochester, Laws, Nicholson, Cavanagh, Jessop, Clough/Cleugh, Charlton, Weightman, Swinhoe, Swainson, Purdie, Carney…
(Northumberland, Cumberland, Ireland)

Paternal: Gilmour, McGrath, Oram, Green(e), Hepplewhite, Graham, Bugbird, Hanley, Hutton, Bellott, Busfield, Blake, Bugbird, Dwyer...
(Ireland, County Durham, especially Hartlepool, Whitby, North Yorkshire, Middlesex, Surrey, ia)