Author Topic: Ordering Scottish Birth Certificates  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Heb66

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ordering Scottish Birth Certificates
« on: Tuesday 16 October 12 22:07 BST (UK) »
Hi ...New to researching in Scotland.....Where do I purchase a known date birth certificate. I have subscription to Scotlands People but I need to order as it not one I can download.

Many Thanks......
Payne, Woodchester Glos / Kings Norton Worcs.
Luker, Glos.
Bingham; Stroud, Glos.
Gore: Glos/ Plymouth.
Rodway: Woodchester, Glos. Wanted Henry Rodway born 1849. Missing since 1881.
Hyam: Glos.
Morgan: Nettleton Wilts / Stroud Glos.
Elliott : Malmesbury Wilts.
 Searching for Thomas Elliott, Occ  groom / butler born 1830. Father Alexander occ: carpenter,place births unknown.
Please..descendants of Howard Sidney Davies, Cinderford or Stanley Howard Davies, Croydon, Surrey.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Never trust anything you find online .....
    • View Profile
Re: Ordering Scottish Birth Certificates
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 October 12 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi ...New to researching in Scotland.....Where do I purchase a known date birth certificate. I have subscription to Scotlands People but I need to order as it not one I can download.

You can order it through the SP web site. Look it up on the index, and when you view the result you will see 'no image' against it, and then a green button saying 'Order'.

SP isn't a subscription site, it's a pay-per-view site, and it will cost you one credit to look up the index.

Researching

AITKENHEAD, Lanarkshire; BINNY, Forfar; BLACK, New Monkland; BRYSON, Cumbernauld; BURGESS, North-East Scotland; CRUICKSHANK, Rothes; DALLAS, Botriphnie; DAVIDSON, Oyne; GUTHRIE, Angus; HOGG, Larbert; LESLIE, Rothes/Mortlach; MENDUM, England; MOLLISON, Lethnot; PATERSON, Larbert; RHIND, Forfar; SANG, Scotland; SCOTT, East Kilbride; STOR(R)I/E/Y, Shotts; THORNTON, Shotts; WADDELL, New Monkland; WILKIE, New Monkland; WILKIE, Tannadice; WYLLIE, Angus; YOUNG, Keith

Offline oldfashionedgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 October 12 14:54 BST (UK) »
If you only need the information from the certificate then put up a request for someone to kindly look it up if the are going to Register house and save yourself some money. They will be able to look at it but not download or print it .

Offline Heb66

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 October 12 15:02 BST (UK) »
Thats great advice thank you so much ...regards Helen x
Payne, Woodchester Glos / Kings Norton Worcs.
Luker, Glos.
Bingham; Stroud, Glos.
Gore: Glos/ Plymouth.
Rodway: Woodchester, Glos. Wanted Henry Rodway born 1849. Missing since 1881.
Hyam: Glos.
Morgan: Nettleton Wilts / Stroud Glos.
Elliott : Malmesbury Wilts.
 Searching for Thomas Elliott, Occ  groom / butler born 1830. Father Alexander occ: carpenter,place births unknown.
Please..descendants of Howard Sidney Davies, Cinderford or Stanley Howard Davies, Croydon, Surrey.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 August 20 10:50 BST (UK) »
I realise this is an old post and sorry for hijacking it! I just would like to know, would there be any further information on my great grandmothers birth certificate. I have a copy of the image from Scotland's people of her birth.She was born in 1866. Thank you.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley.

Offline GR2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 26 August 20 11:25 BST (UK) »
The image you have from Scotlandspeople is a direct copy of the original entry in the registrar's book. You are looking at the original.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 26 August 20 12:29 BST (UK) »
Many thanks, I was desperately hoping for more!  That has firmly closed that door  ;)
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Never trust anything you find online .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 26 August 20 13:31 BST (UK) »
What other information were you hoping to get from the birth certificate?
Researching

AITKENHEAD, Lanarkshire; BINNY, Forfar; BLACK, New Monkland; BRYSON, Cumbernauld; BURGESS, North-East Scotland; CRUICKSHANK, Rothes; DALLAS, Botriphnie; DAVIDSON, Oyne; GUTHRIE, Angus; HOGG, Larbert; LESLIE, Rothes/Mortlach; MENDUM, England; MOLLISON, Lethnot; PATERSON, Larbert; RHIND, Forfar; SANG, Scotland; SCOTT, East Kilbride; STOR(R)I/E/Y, Shotts; THORNTON, Shotts; WADDELL, New Monkland; WILKIE, New Monkland; WILKIE, Tannadice; WYLLIE, Angus; YOUNG, Keith

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 27 August 20 10:26 BST (UK) »
A father  ;D  no that is total wishful thinking. I have 2 sisters neither with husbands at the time of the birth of Maggie. The register has Margaret as the mother, it was registered by a D Morrison "householder". But the child was raised by her  grandmother and Mary-the other sister. Mary had 6 children- all without marriage- three years apart with a gap where my Maggie would fit. Also when Maggie had her first child  it was registered by Mary and she states she was grandmother. My great uncle called Mary his grandmother. Margaret went on to marry in 1868 and also had a daughter called Margaret.I am now wondering if D Morrison or the registrar put Margaret as mother by error as the baby was also called Margaret. Margaret was aged 16 in 1866 and Mary 26. Sorry to caffle on, you did ask  ;)