Author Topic: BEWLEY family  (Read 8591 times)

Offline JanetW

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BEWLEY family
« Reply #18 on: Monday 21 December 15 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks
Good, we have now established that we are both talking about the same Alexander Bewley.  Alexander's first wife was Ann, and they had 2 children.  Alexander's second wife was Mary and they had 9 children.  This is where we differ, as Alexander's parents were William and Sarah, and of interest William had a brother who was married to a Rachel.  So your documentation is therefore of great interest to me. 

You have done well to trace the Bewleys back to 1126, as I have only traced back to 1713. 

Janet

Offline UnknownUser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 21 December 15 19:46 GMT (UK) »
I have Alexanders first wife different and mothers name different. I have letters from Alexander to a relative in Ireland with the names I have mentioned on. Can we send private messages on here?

Offline George Bewley

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 28 November 19 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

My name is George Bewley. My grandfather is Alan Bewley. I'm trying to research our family tree and wondered if there's anything information you can share? My grandad often talks about growing up in Calne with his uncles; Leonard Bewley, Wilfred Bewley, Douglas Bewley and Reginald Bewley. He has also mentioned the undertakers under the Bewley family.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 28 November 19 12:19 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat, George.

Janet and Christiana have not been on rootschat recently, but they should receive notification of your post and may have sorted out their differences in their families by now.

Offline PaulBewley

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 03 April 21 20:23 BST (UK) »
Hi George

Great to see your post. I’m Reginald's grandson and his sons Reginald (Known as Pat) I remember as a kid visiting him in Calne we used to visit all his brother and sisters houses.
Paul