Author Topic: BEWLEY family  (Read 8593 times)

Offline JanetW

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BEWLEY family
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 March 13 14:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trish1120

Thanks for message re Rachel Louise.

Noticed on one of your postings, where you wondered if William who died  23 Jan 1819 may be Alexander's father.  This William was not Alexander's father.

Alexander's father William died in 1872.  William appears with wife Mary on 1841 to 1871 census returns.  Mary is Alexander's step mother.  William married twice, first Sarah and then Mary. 

1841 census for William Bewley interesting. I think that the Mary Ann Bewley is his mother(nee Alexander), but would be interested to know what relationship the Sarah Bewley on the 1841 census is to William.

Offline RachelLouise

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 23 April 13 07:31 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Thanks for all this information and help.
This research is for my fiancé' family, turns out his auntie has already done a tree but I'm not sure if it goes this far back. I'll have a look when I'm home.
Names: Bray, Powell, Mundy, Stevenson, Gregory, Swaine, Holloway, Shore, Merrett
Areas: Wiltshire (Melksham, Trowbridge, Bromham)

Offline UnknownUser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 December 15 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi this is my family too :) Alexander is my great great great grandfather. I have managed to find his father in Ireland, and his wife who died just before he moved to England and remarried

Offline JanetW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 21 December 15 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christiana
You said that you have found Alexander's father in Ireland, and his wife who died, but you haven't said who they were.  Who do you have as Alexander's parents?  Do you know what Alexander's father was doing in Ireland - we have a few ideas.  By the way, which of Alexander's children are you descended from.  Janet

Offline UnknownUser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 21 December 15 15:48 GMT (UK) »
I try not to write too much on public sites, but I am from his son, John. I have his parents as William and Rachael, and have family documents that have been passed down. I have Alexanders first wife as Sarah who is not related to me. Found out there was also another Bewley family in Cherhill which is the next village, who were not blood related to him but he married in to.

Offline JanetW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 December 15 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for that, Alexander's first wife was Ann, and his second wife was Mary Ann (your line of descent) Alexander's parents were William and Sarah.  Hope this helps.  Janet

Offline UnknownUser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 21 December 15 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Sorry but I have documentation that says otherwise with certificates as well. Then I have the Bewleys back to 1126. Yours must be a different one

Offline JanetW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 21 December 15 18:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christina

I think that we are talking about the same Alexander Bewley, born in Ireland - 1817.  In adult life he was a Wheelwright in England, but just to check is this the Alexander Bewley that is your 3XGreat Grandfather?
Janet

Offline UnknownUser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 21 December 15 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Yes thats the one. He had a son called John (my 2xg) then john had my great grandmother, Rosina