Author Topic: Hull Asiatic Cholera 1849  (Read 8183 times)

Offline Bub

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hull Asiatic Cholera 1849
« Reply #9 on: Monday 28 October 19 20:16 GMT (UK) »
hello
I was notified about the latest reply to this thread I subscribed to some years ago, but I can no longer find the original conversations here except one to thank you for all your replies.  I can only find my responses in my profile stats ('show all posts').  Where would I find all those conversations?
Thank you

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 October 19 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Bub,

I think your previous reply on this thread may possibly have been posted in error. Did you intend to reply on a different thread?

You were thanking someone for some links, but no one had posted any links on this particular thread. Because you posted on this thread, you are now receiving notifications of replies.

If you go into your profile can you see the thread you wanted to thank people for their help with?

If you want to see all of your replies and return to or reply on a specific one then go to Profile on bar at top of page.
Select summary from the drop down menu. You will then see your profile.
On the left under your name, you will see “show posts”.
Select that to see all the posts you have made on various threads. They are numbered.
Beside the number you will see, written in blue, the name of the board that the post is on, as well as the subject title of the thread. For example, you might see The Common Room / Help tracing family
You can just click on any of the subject titles which will take you to that thread.

Alternatively, if you know the title of the thread, or some of the words in the title of the thread, and maybe who started or contributed to that thread, you can go to Search in the bar at the top of the page, and enter some search terms to locate a particular thread.

That was a bit of a long winded reply but I hope it helps.  ;)

Added: you can turn off notifications of replies if you wish. The “unnotify” button is on the right below each reply box, beside the “reply” button.

Offline Bub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 29 October 19 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ruskie
How strange.
If I look at 'my posts' the thread has the same name and I just clicked on and found my way to my previous replies which aren't in this thread. I'm thinking now that the person I'm thanking in this thread (Mike) must have directed me here at the time from my other one.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=692405.msg5345282#msg5345282

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 29 October 19 13:24 GMT (UK) »
Yes there seem to be 2 threads with the same name as I just got notified of Bub's response and wondering if I want to unnotify but I haven't messaged on this thread!  I have messaged on the other one though so definitely something confusing going on.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire