Author Topic: Completed with Thanks -Joan "Whitson",Halliburton 1782-1862  (Read 3513 times)

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Completed with Thanks -Joan "Whitson",Halliburton 1782-1862
« on: Tuesday 23 October 12 00:55 BST (UK) »
Was attempting to find on Scots People ,the death record of Joan Whitson who married William Halliburton c 1820.
I am after her parents names........
It appears that William Halliburton born c 1800 died Oct 28 in Lauder ,Berwick and that Joan died May 12,1862 (not sure where) and that both are buried in the Lauder Churchyard.
Is it possible I am mistaken about her death date.
She appears in the 1861 census age 69 living with son Ralph Halliburton & his wife Janet and their family,at Blyth,Lauder,Berwick.
..Joan does not appear on the 1871 census.
Where might I be going wrong ?.....
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Joan "Whitson",Halliburton 1782-1862
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 October 12 02:06 BST (UK) »
I think I found her and the reason I could not earlier,date of death correct,May 12 1862...
....her name was spelt..
Joanne Hewitson (last name hard to read on SP)....grr
Oh what we go through to find our ancestors
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline Beckey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 October 12 15:06 BST (UK) »
Lauder churchyard.
By Ralph Halliburton, Shepherd, Blyth memory of father William Halliburton, late shepherd Evelaw 28/10/1849 49 years, mother Joan Whitson 12/5/62 70 yrs. inf.dau. Joan 30/1/62 1 yr. son William d. at Blyth 7/3/1888 30 yrs. wife Janet Bruce at Blyth 2/1/95 63 yrs. Ralph Halliburton 4/7/1901 75 yrs.
Scottish Borders - Wait Binnie Aitchison Whitelaw Sligo Fairgrieve Fairburn Robinson Plenderlieth Robson Broadwith Park Dickie Kerr Wilson Lockie Oliver Brown Scott.
Ross & Cromarty, Forsyth Bain.
Kincardine, Forsyth Lownie.
Staffordshire - Smith Steele Hallmark Colclough Dunn Booth Frost.
Shropshire - Tennant.
Sheffield - Savage England Corn Trippett.
Lincolnshire - Savage Smalley Allitt Booth Addison Kirton.
Huntingdonshire - Corn Connington Randall Baxter Booth .

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 24 October 12 15:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks Becky...I sure was pleased to receive your  update as I had seen that once before,as i always like to get a cert if possible ,I did order one and the writing was  yucky....it looked like Hewitson...but I am going to go with Whitson.
Would you believe I then ordered another cert of her sibling and ...he he he ..it said Weddle...I guess the son got mixed up.
I will stay with Whitson. My grandmother surname Bruce was from Lauder so all these names fit.
I have pulled out my MI from Lauder and will scrutinize the whole thing for more kin...Thanks again.

Offline PeekD90

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Completed with Thanks -Joan "Whitson",Halliburton 1782-1862
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 21:09 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Just wondering if you found any more info on Joan Whitson? She is my husbands 4th great grandmother and trying to find a bit more out.

Thanks