Author Topic: Patrick and Thomas Laughlin  (Read 3470 times)

Offline Gypsydescendant

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick and Thomas Laughlin
« on: Tuesday 23 October 12 11:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Is there anyone out there that can help me I am trying to find any info about Patrick Laughlin born Kilkenny 1811 Patrick and his brother Thomas was sentenced to life in prison for attacking a house and sent to Australia on a ship called Java, Patrick was a single man he was released from prison about 1843 and he stayed in Australia and married Catherine Cash also an Irish woman but not a convict he died in Australia about 1855
I dont have any info on Thomas Patrick`s brother I have not found his death so I assume he must have gone back to Ireland after his release as he was married and may of had children  ???
The brothers births or family members would help or maybe a parish that I could enquire at

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick and Thomas Laughlin
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 October 12 17:59 BST (UK) »
You would usually require a bit more detail to start a search of Irish records, including where exactly in Co. Kilkenny your Laughlin/Loughlin family lived - i.e. the town, townland or parish.

see : Introduction to Irish Records
My Ancestor came from Ireland - where do I start?

1811 is quite early for parish records, so a location is quite important so you can check if any church records are available for the dates you need..

Do the marriage or death certs for Patrick mention any details on his parents ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline jenwin

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick and Thomas Laughlin
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 August 13 06:30 BST (UK) »
I am a descendant of Loughlins of Castlewarren, Kilkenny who immigrated to Victoria in 1850's/1860's I have come across your Loughlins before and thought they also came from Catlewarren in Kilkenny, am I right?
Jenny (from WA)