Author Topic: Perry's charlton & rushall  (Read 11684 times)

Offline touchofmange

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Perry's charlton & rushall
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 29 August 13 09:10 BST (UK) »
Hello
I also have Perry ancestors from Rushall
I attach part of my tree.  Please let me know if you see any link with yours.

hi topsytree, i'm not really in to downloading stuff off the net, but if you tell me who they are or perhaps which is your earliest census with them i'll likely know who they are and may have done some research.  Could you explain a little about them?

thanks
Perry- wilts, sussex and hants
Bonieface- sussex
Maslen- Wilts
Barnett- Hants

Offline topsytree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 29 August 13 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hi touchofmange
My tree is Thomas William Perry b. Rushall 1837
son of
William Briant Perry b. Rushall 1793 married Hannah Maria Gilbert b. 1798
son of
Thomas Perry b. Charlton 1765 married Hannah Bryant b. 1769 in 1791
son of
William Perry b. 1743 married Elizabeth Hitchcock in 1760

I would be interested in sharing research if you have any interest in this branch of the Perry tree.

topsytree

Offline touchofmange

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 30 August 13 09:48 BST (UK) »
hi topsy yes i have quite a large tree for the generations under thomas and hannah briant.
a couple of things; i note you have put the 1765 date of birth to thomas and also you have his parents. Unless you have some proof or family lineage perhaps to say this is correct then i would question it.  I have 3 thomas perry's around that age and area and have been unable to allocate the birth to the right one, and equally if you allocated the parents to a thomas perry, they may not be right either.

From what i've found, i've got the william and eliz hitchcock and their family, but the only child i've been able to follow has been their son william.  It's true they have a thomas bn 1765 which might be the husband of hannah briant, but he could also be the husband of sarah bristow or ann swatton.  There is another possible bn at wilsford in 1773.

So i've got a little perry island of wm and eliz plus their family, and then another large perry island of the briant perry's but i haven't joined them up without any proof.  Have you just started your tree and are working your way back through the sources?

If you can either get on ancestry and look at the briant part or if i can work out how to do it i might be able to do you a gedcom of that part of the tree?? 

In honesty i really haven't gone through their family with a fine tooth comb as they just haven't linked up with mine yet, but they are most likely related at some point. You could join wiltsfhs and ask them if they can shed any light on the thomas perrys and the briant line.

regards
Perry- wilts, sussex and hants
Bonieface- sussex
Maslen- Wilts
Barnett- Hants

Offline topsytree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 31 August 13 22:05 BST (UK) »
Thank you touchofmange
If you open the attachment I sent you with my earlier response you will see other family members.
In the light of your observations I shall recheck my research and get back to you.  I plan to do this in the winter so may not be in touch for a while.
Topsy

Offline bicker

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 20 September 13 17:46 BST (UK) »
Hi there

I have 2 family trees on Ancestry.co.uk that contain members of the Perry family as they married into 'my' Clements family also from Charlton st Peter. I also have Elizabeth Maslin 1804-1874 and Jane Maslin 1815 in the family if anyone has a link between them I would be interested.

Thanks
Heather
Somerset
Areas Bridgwater, Street, Glastonbury and surrounding Villages

Names, Whitcombe (and variations) , Diment, Mounsher, Cave

Wiltshire
Areas Pewsey, Calne
Clements, Ashton, Henly, Groves, Burgess

Kent
All, Folkestone for Punnett family
Punnett, Roalfe (and variations), Vaughan, Tuff,

Offline bicker

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 September 13 09:55 BST (UK) »
Thomas William Perry bp 26 June 1836 at Rushall married Jane Clements b 1837. They married at Charlton st Peter 15 October 1859. Thomas was son of William Briant Perry and Anna Maria Gilbert. Jane was sister of my 2 x great grandfather Josiah Clements 1833-1887.

Emily Thirza Perry b 7 November 1879 at Charlton st Peter 7 Nov 1879 daughter of Frederick Perry and Sarah Oram married Stephen George Clements 1867-1934. Emily died 11 Nov 1953. Quite a few years ago I was sent via e mail a postcard photo of the 7 children children of Emily and Stephen. Fortunately when my pc crashed I still had a copy of the photo, but not details of the kind lady who sent it to me.
Somerset
Areas Bridgwater, Street, Glastonbury and surrounding Villages

Names, Whitcombe (and variations) , Diment, Mounsher, Cave

Wiltshire
Areas Pewsey, Calne
Clements, Ashton, Henly, Groves, Burgess

Kent
All, Folkestone for Punnett family
Punnett, Roalfe (and variations), Vaughan, Tuff,

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 30 September 13 13:05 BST (UK) »
Hi all who have contributed to this thread. I see that Charlton and Rushall are close to Potterne ,Urchfont and Devizes. I too am seeking info on the Perrys and Maslens who intermarried around 1840 and had shops and Inns/pubs/hotels in Devizes. I realise they are very common names in the area but could any one give me an idea on where to look for their marriage and births before sending for the certificates. John Perry married a Louisa Elizabeth Maslen.She always notes (census records ) that she was born in Covent Garden London but I can not find her.Her Much older sister or possibly mother Sarah Maslen married a Chandler and then as a widow married a William Grace of The Castle Hotel in Devizes. I am finding it very difficult to track the women.Can anyone see any of these people in their records? Please could anyone give me some advice on where to look. Thank you.
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Davies Islington & Aberystwyth
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth
Bohane , Killaderry Skibbereen ,Cork

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 05 October 13 18:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Miggs 191

Could you give us a rough idea of the dates and exactly what you would like? You say that John Perry married Louisa Elizabeth Maslen - does that mean you already have the certificate etc for that?. If you give us an idea of what you already have, with approximate dates, we might be able to help track people down.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 06 October 13 20:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you for replying.
The search began in about 1945 and the very elderly aunt who began it holds most of the information.I do my best to extract bits of info when I visit.I believe she has their marriage cert. but I have not seen it. Usually she sets me the task of finding the next missing link.Over the years I have become fascinated by our family story and am trying to piece it together myself. She is almost one hundred and three but keeps the genealogy very much to herself unless she is sending me on the next task!
I think I need to send for the marriage cert of John Perry and Louisa Elizabeth Maslen. That should give me their parents?

I know that Horation Nelson Perry was also in the mix but there were two....I believe cousins so both related but which one I am not sure.
It would all be easier if she would show me what she has!
Thank you so much for taking an interest.I will get back to you later.
M. :)
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Davies Islington & Aberystwyth
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth
Bohane , Killaderry Skibbereen ,Cork