Author Topic: Can't Login to Ancestry  (Read 13364 times)

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Login to Ancestry
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 27 October 18 06:11 BST (UK) »
From a recent email about problems I had with Ancestry:

" We apologize for the frustration this has caused.  Microsoft Edge and Apple Safari web browsers are not compatible with our website.  We recommend that you use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. "

Not even "We are working to improve..."   :( :(
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Login to Ancestry
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 27 October 18 06:57 BST (UK) »
I certainly don't have any problems with Safari on my iPad, when logging into Ancestry or anywhere else, and haven't received advice to change to Google Chrome, (which I use on my PC!).  ??? ???
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.