Author Topic: WEST & MATHEWS in Queensland?  (Read 4820 times)

Offline Muffin41

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WEST & MATHEWS in Queensland?
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 11:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Belinda and welcome to Rootschat :D

I have checked my original Millard tree which has the West and Mathews families that emigrated to Australia in it.
If you could check that you have the right Samuel, I have Samuel George William Judd marrying Amy Eliza Louisa Cummin Johnson

You are correct in assuming the above information that I have in my tree as well.

I have not made any DNA tests; my main information coming from research and copies of BMD´s

Kind regards and keep well,

Muffin41
Pow in Bath Somerset, Essex, Middlesex, Lancashire, Surrey, Australia, New Zealand and USA
Bailey, Hare, in Bath & Taunton Somerset
Nash in Seend Wiltshire, Bath Somerset
Snook in Middlesex, Leicestershire, Surrey, Berkshire, Portugal and Canada
Billinghurst, Furlonger, Hoare, Huntingford, Tilbury, Webb in Surrey

Offline lynmab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 29 May 20 11:38 BST (UK) »
Hi there and thank you for the Welcome, Was just checking as the Samuel you had was born in NZ and the one I have was born in Melbourne. Just checking about DNA to match with my fellow i'm helping and Andrew West seems to be from the line I need. I'll send him a separate post
Thank you again  :)

Offline b1gf00t

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 10 September 20 05:41 BST (UK) »
This is all very interesting and I will have to take some time to read all that has been posted. I am researching the Judd family and currently working through the fifth generation of the descendants of William Judd and Ann Sears (or Sayers). Samuel Judd who married Ann Eliza Louisa Cummin Johnson was part of the third generation of the Judd family born in Lower Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand.

All I had relating to him was a date of birth and the name, Annie Elizabeth Johnson, as his marriage partner. Listed also was the name Muriel Nina Judd - a year of birth and year of death for her and the name Ernest West with a marriage date of 19/12/1923. The suggestion also of a date of death as 1950.

Muriel and Ernest appear to have had at least two children. However, I will have to read through what you, fellow researchers, have posted to get a clearer picture. Suffice to say this has been an exciting find for me. Thank you all.   

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 10 September 20 09:29 BST (UK) »
Hi there
I'm actually not related to this line but helping a gentleman find who his birth grandfather was and he has Judd in his DNA results so I have been putting a tree together for him and I just thought I'd make a comment regarding Samuel Judd and daughter Muriel Nina Judd. If you could check that you have the right Samuel, I have Samuel George William Judd marrying Amy Eliza Louisa Cummin Johnson and having the 3 girls only Muriel surviving, but I have Samuels parents as Robert William Judd and Martha Rees Gettens. Just thought I'd get this checked as it could make a difference in the trees.
Also Andrew West have you taken a DNA test by any chance as your line shows up in his tree possibly a cousin of your grandfather could be the father.
Thanks Belinda

Hi
 The father of Muriel Nina JUDD was Samuel Lonsdale JUDD

After the death of his wife nee JOHNSON, Samuel remarried to Fannie SPEED.
Description here
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/175388944

They divorced. Decree nisi 1926
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/165137075

There are news items about them.
Search here
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/

Sue

ADDING
See also Reply#18 this thread

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett