Author Topic: Lookup request-1861/71-Elizabeth Grubb  (Read 3035 times)

Offline merlinsmagic

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup request-1861/71-Elizabeth Grubb
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 17:59 GMT (UK) »
My great grandad was William Grubb a lot of them lived In Fenny Compton and surrounding areas some of them were wheelrights.

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 19:48 GMT (UK) »
I have been to the village and seen the cottage also took a photo of the gravestone. I trust you have been into the church and seen the notice on the bier on which it relates that the straps were made and donated by Oliver Grubb and two of his sons subscribed to them?
Hellidon, where the family came from after moving from Daventry is worth going to, William Grubb the Butcher there married Ann Aris the Millers daughter and your line came from them.
I have a document from 1814 with William's signature on it and also copies of his will.
I have traced back to the 1500s, my DNA suggests we were originally Danish Vikings who came and settled in Northamptonshire in the 1100s.

Offline merlinsmagic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Wow thanks for that information that’s really interesting , I didn’t know about the straps in the church so that’s great I will have a look through my notes and message you back thankyou regards Paula.

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 20:02 GMT (UK) »
There are quite a lot of the family here in Nuneaton who came down two separate lines from Hellidon.
You can always get hold of me on the Nuneaton Griff FC website, Rod

Offline merlinsmagic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Ok great I have in my notes William Grubb 1801-1880 he was married to Elizabeth Kellett 1800-1879 maybe this is the Elizabeth you might be looking for?

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 20:23 GMT (UK) »
No, the one I am looking for was an Elizabeth Aires of Fenny Compton, born 1814, who married James Grubb at Hellidon in 1935. James died in 1847 aged just 44 and in 1852 Elizabeth gave birth to a base born child named Thomas Francis. I have found no further trace of Elizabeth.
They left six children, some lived in Neithrop in Banbury including Oliver who was later a wheelwright in Fenny Compton. He took over the house (still Extant) of his brother William when the latter moved to Leicester.
There were other Grubbs in FC earlier but the wheelwright line is from my family in Hellidon.