Author Topic: Marbury (near Crewe) HALLMARKS  (Read 6618 times)

Offline izzard

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marbury (near Crewe) HALLMARKS
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 December 12 01:39 GMT (UK) »
I am,and have been researching my family for a few years now...loving it too...My name is darren Hallmark,and all my research takes me to a lineage with JAMES HALMARKE/HALLMARK...whom as you say married martha wickstead...I and my brother Wayne Hallmark travelled to Hodnet/whitchurch/market Drayton last year 2011.and had a BALL...were from Australia......Id be interested in any information the above writers h
might have on JAMES HALLMARK AND MARTHA WICKSTEAD of Marbury...Maybe i can give you my story too..Thankyou....DARREN HALMARKE/HALLMARK....

:)
THE HALLMARKS/HALMARKES

Offline LostinEngland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 December 12 09:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Darren from Australia!  Fantastic!  ;D
I am very happy to share whatever information I have on the HALLMARK/HALMARKE clan.  The line that we are from has until recently remained in England.  I would love to hear how you are connected to JAMES HALLMARK and am wondering if you are on ancestry.com or Facebook?  Otherwise, I think you can send me a PM with your email address, since I know posting email addresses on Roots is not advised.

Below is the line leading to current day with birth years in parenthesis:
Robert Halmarke (1541) Marbury
Thomas Halmarke (1570) Marbury
Thomas Halmarke (1608) Marbury
John Halmarke (1648) Marbury
Joseph Hallmark (1692) Marbury
James Hallmark (1718) Marbury
John Hallmark (1763) Whitchurch
Joseph Hallmark (1795) Whitchurch
Frederick Hallmark (1837) Burslem
Frederick Hallmark (1866) Burslem
John Hallmark (1906) Liverpool
Gwyneth Hallmark (1932) Liverpool, My mother-in-law who is still going strong! 

Look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,
Renee

Offline Pippakit

• RootsChat Member
  • Mary Jane Brewer with Gwendoline 1897
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 13 December 12 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Re: The Wicksteads

There was an estate called Wicksted Hall in the village of Wirswall, which is adjoining Marbury. The house is still standing but is now known as Wicksted Old Hall.

There is a house nearby now called Wicksted Hall, but was previously called Belvidere, the name changes were in the early 1900s.

As the name Wickstead was spelt Wicksted in the early days, I suspect this house was connected to the Wickstead family.

Offline LostinEngland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 13 December 12 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Wicksted Old Hall, Wirswall

Offline izzard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 15 December 12 04:52 GMT (UK) »

Hi Renee,

tried to send you a pm with email address etc but it wouldn't let me.  After visiting Shropshire archives last year I found my ancester Samuel Almark b. 1771 in Hodnet.  Have traced that he is son of James b. 1751 in Whitchurch (married to Margaret). James (1751) is son of James b 1717 & Margaret Woodford.

Prior to that (and after reading what you have said) I have a weak link.  I have James (1717) being the son of Joseph (1692) and Elizabeth Howles. Then Joseph being the son of  James (1655) and Margaret Wickstead.

I am on facebook & ancestry so hopefully we can compare information.  I have heaps of documents from Shropshire archives and when I get back to UK my next visit will be the Cheshire archives.  Originally I am from Preston Lancs.
Found Hatton Hallmarks will on ancestry and found it an interesting read.

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers,

Darren Hallmark.
THE HALLMARKS/HALMARKES