Author Topic: Ahh, BISCOE (a mystery)  (Read 8906 times)

Offline nong43

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ahh, BISCOE (a mystery)
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 24 November 20 22:06 GMT (UK) »
I may be a bit closer towards solving this eight-year old mystery. Or maybe I'm not...

A couple of months ago, I uploaded my AncestryDNA results to some other sites, one of which was FamilyTreeDNA. I was contacted on the site by someone who is also on Ancestry, and with whom I share some DNA (11cM, making us anything between 5th-8th cousins - I'd go with the higher number since 5th cousins would have a common ancestor in the second half of the 18th century). The only family we seem to have in common (there are over 30,000 people on his tree)...is the Biscoes.

I still don't know who our common ancestor might be, though; he is descended from Nathaniel Biscoe, born in Bucks, who settled in Watertown, Massachusetts, and I probably descend from Mary Biscoe, who died in 1688 (although her brother Moses refers to her as Ruth in his will, for reasons I still can't get to the bottom of).

So, now I know that it's highly likely I am descended from this family, but I'm still none the wiser as to how. Had no luck with Robert Biscoe (1627-1685)'s will - I just got a message from Bucks Archives saying it was water damaged and so they couldn't photocopy it.

:-\
BKM/OXF: Harvey, Broughton, Goldswain, Braden, Ridgley, Wheeler, Lunnon, Dean, Austin, Franklin, Baldwin, Blackwell, Brooks, Ashby, East, Goodchild, Loosley, Stratford, Newell, Johnson, Bailey, Hobbs
BRK/OXF: Maskell, Waite, Ilsley, Harwood, Fuce, Lookman, Patey
SSX: Funnell, Hollengam, Gilbert, Ellis, Marchant, Harmer, Godfrey, Stoneham, Percy, Lavender
MDX/LDN/HRT: Seywell, Neville, Woods
KEN: Weller, Bishop, Friday, Maynard
ENG: Pewtress
Romnichal: Evans, Alford, Jeffs, Loveridge