Author Topic: Daniel boyd  (Read 13883 times)

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
Daniel boyd
« on: Monday 26 November 12 13:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi im looking for any information in Daniel Boyd he was born in Ireland 1799 and moved to Manchester and married a lady Jane who was also born Ireland 1791 .they had a girl Jane Boyd born Manchester. 1826 .is it possible to research familys in Ireland before 1800 as I also have another branch of the family Winifred Moore and her kids who were all born Ireland and also moved to Manchester .but I came to a dead end with tracing back further with that family would be nice to find out the parents names and what part of Ireland they all originated from  :)
goodchild,gray,pitcher,popejoy,page,paul,edmonds,norris quatreman,gutteridge..wycombe birmingham .lazarus john francis india ,garrood,flick essex burnham ,Gudge surry n dorset ,alderton walton on thames an hampshire  kezia stapley frensham surry  ,holcroft bishopsgate manchester,matilda moxham jefferys bermondsey charles coates suffolk n cobham surry,mary white ripley surrey .turner suffolk .Fox n bruckshaw manchester ireland .clegg lancashire and moore ireland ,joseph clegg manchester

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel boyd
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 November 12 16:34 GMT (UK) »
You've posted this topic on the Antrim board but say Daniel Boyd was born in "Ireland"- do you have any details which point to him being from County Antrim?

The dates are well before the start of civil registration and many church records do not date before 1800 (or even mid-1800s). If you know an exact location and records survive then you might be extremely lucky to find some information.

Have a look at Introduction to Irish Records and My Ancestor came from Ireland - where do I start?.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 November 12 17:52 GMT (UK) »
How do I post this to the Irish board then as it all looked like different countys and seeing as I don't no what part I put it on the first board that caught my eye
goodchild,gray,pitcher,popejoy,page,paul,edmonds,norris quatreman,gutteridge..wycombe birmingham .lazarus john francis india ,garrood,flick essex burnham ,Gudge surry n dorset ,alderton walton on thames an hampshire  kezia stapley frensham surry  ,holcroft bishopsgate manchester,matilda moxham jefferys bermondsey charles coates suffolk n cobham surry,mary white ripley surrey .turner suffolk .Fox n bruckshaw manchester ireland .clegg lancashire and moore ireland ,joseph clegg manchester

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 November 12 18:01 GMT (UK) »
Will move this topic to Ireland-General board for you since you don't have a location.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 26 November 12 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

as  aghadowey says you do need more information as it is so early. However, Family Search has a possible marriage to Jane Garden. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NK87-X4B

regards
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 26 November 12 23:00 GMT (UK) »
Ok thankyou ,I guess there is no more information to give because I don't know myself   :( even if the marriage to Jane garden is correct its before 1837 so I can't order a marriage certificate but least its something .thankyou for your efforts and advice .

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 22 January 13 00:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello Greeneyes,
One of my ancestors was John Boyd who was born in Oxford, England between 1800-1810. His parents were Samuel Carson Boyd and Mary Lawson from Co. Antrim. I have a letter dated 1847 and written by Samuel which stated that John had been living in Manchester prior to his emigration to Canada about 1844. I believe that John married in Manchester prior to his emigration. Would John have any connection to your Daniel since they both lived in Manchester? Hoping to hear from you.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 23 January 13 21:08 GMT (UK) »
HI Peggy they could be related but my daniel was born  ireland 1799 . in most of the census records his living with his daughter jane lackey and son in law thomas .I have found no siblings or parents for him yet so john could be a possible brother maybey ?but i have no facts unfortunatley .

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 23 January 13 21:18 GMT (UK) »
HI Peggy they could be related but my daniel was born  ireland 1799 . in most of the census records his living with his daughter jane lackey and son in law thomas .I have found no siblings or parents for him yet so john could be a possible brother maybey ?but i have no facts unfortunatley .

hi Peggy me again Ive just been looking at birth and baptisms in Ireland for Daniel Boyd and there is a couple in 1801 for a Daniel Boyd. father is called samuel ?i wonder if that is my Daniel and if its the same father samuel as your john ? :)