Author Topic: Margaret Mearns  (Read 7364 times)

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Mearns
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 27 November 12 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks ladies for you patience I thought I had lost all this with genes
Cake came out lovely  :) 8) ::)

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 27 November 12 18:39 GMT (UK) »
That is great news, given all the hard work by you. How upsetting to have lost all that info, takes so long to input and organise your tree  :-\

There is an email on the site for Graeme Barron Fraser, you can make contact with him again  ;)

Monica

PS: I remember last time I posted on one of your threads, you were also baking...clever you. Me and baking are a total disaster  :P
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 27 November 12 18:54 GMT (UK) »
Baking is easy  ::)
I have just come from Graeme's site and left a note for him in his guest book
I scrolled down and came across a photo he sent to me of him and his partner that was lost as well with t/talk
 so pleased you both helped me not forgetting Trish with this if you have a look at his photos you will see the one I entered of Margaret Mearns

I wish I could do that with my tree it looks good doesn't it
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 27 November 12 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Glad you've worked it out , Elizabeth  :)
Mind you , with a surname Mearns it was likely that there was a connection

ev   
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 27 November 12 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Graeme has just mailed me and he does remember me
Elizabeth

Offline jgnatca

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 02 August 21 19:00 BST (UK) »
I am a direct descendant of Margaret Mearns and this week I have been following my female line as far as I can go.

Margaret Mearns (b. 1858 in Port Elphinstone, Kintore, Aberdeen, Scotland) d. 1936 Springbank, Aberdeen
Married in 1880 in Turriff, Aberdeen to Robert Barron (b. 1860 in Aberchirder, Marnoch, Banff) d. 1925 in Aberdeen
Daughter
Elizabeth Kesson Barron  (b. 1882 Aberdeenshire) d. 1974 in Canada
Married John Henderson Porter (1882-1957)
Daughter Margaret Mearns Porter (1908-1945 in Canada)
I will go no further as it starts to intrude in to the land of the living.

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 10 August 21 16:31 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat I think your Margaret could be related to my husband send two more
messages to this site and I will be able contact you by PM

Elizabeth