Author Topic: looking for family, surname French or Hayden  (Read 23907 times)

Offline althomoore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: looking for family, surname French or Hayden
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 10 September 14 11:25 BST (UK) »
Not sure if this is any help to you but my Great Grand Uncle Simon Nicholas Moore of Enniscorthy Co. Wexford Married Mary Margaret French in 1933 (not 100% on the the year of Marriage)

Alan
Moore, Kiernan, O' Sullivan, O' Connor
Other names I know of are:
O' Shea, O' Leary, Guilfoyle (Kilfoyle), Davis, Barrett, O' Neil, McKenna, Donlon, Flanagan, Lynn and McLoughlan

Offline jackie0051

• RootsChat Extra
  • Email is working again..
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 25 October 17 15:48 BST (UK) »
I keep looking at your postings and think to myself just because we have so many matching surnames that it's all co-incidence but the more i look the more I wonder. The one name I haven't seen it your postings is the name Brennan, if it was there then it would tie up things. I have names French from Clonakilty Cork, goes way back in time mainly related to religious institutions but I've come to a dead end with Francis Alan French 1905–1943. I have both Jane Murphy's from Wexford(her daughter Anastasia Brennan 1887– Dec 1887 • Carlow, Ireland)  and Kehoe's from Wexford and also the name Hughes (Wicklow) Does any of the other register with you. Regards Jackie.
Brennan. Harden. McElhinney, Towhey, Lovely- Towhey, Loval Towhey. Pattingale, Bentley. Scott. Pool.
Kilkenny, Dublin, Co. Donegal. England. Berwick on Tweed. Birmingham. Manchester America, New York, Oregan.

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 21 December 17 18:56 GMT (UK) »
"Houses of Wexford" with thanks to David Rowe & Eithne Scallan
===============
History; Ballytor(e)y Castle, which is incorporated into the house, was built by the French family about 1200. It remained the principle seat of this influential family, also at nearby Rathshelane Castle and with another branch at Bannow as well as Harpoonstown. The noted Nicholas French, Bishop of Ferns, was born at Ballytory in 1604 and died in exile in Ghent.
==============================